Subject: [Adslmib] Internet-Draft Boilerplate update

From: "Menachem Dodge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:26:56 +0200

Hi All,

    Please see the email below outlining the new boilerplate
requirements for the Internet-Drafts.

    Best Regards,

    Menachem.

============================================

IETF Secretariat 

<ietf-secretariat 

@ietf.org> To 

IETF Announcement list 

15/01/2007 16:51 <[email-masked]> 

cc 

[email-masked] 

Subject 

Internet-Draft Boilerplate Reminder 

This message is to remind you that as of February 1, 2007 the IETF

Secretariat will no longer accept Internet-Drafts with the old

(i.e. pre RFC 4748) boilerplate. For your convenience, below is

the text of the message that was sent to the IETF Announcement

List by the IETF Chair on October 26, 2006 with Subject: Update to

Internet Draft and RFC Boilerplate.

The IETF Secretariat.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A small update to BCP 78 was recently approved by the IESG as RFC 4748,

to update the boilerplate (i.e., standard legal text) in RFCs and

Internet-Drafts to recognize the IETF Trust as a rights holder,

instead of ISOC.

The actual boilerplate changes are given below this message.

Starting as soon as reasonably possible, all authors of Internet-Drafts

are requested to use the new boilerplate. The RFC Editor will in any

case be inserting it in all RFCs issued from 2006-11-01. (The rights

held by ISOC in older RFCs will be administratively transferred to

the IETF Trust.)

The public ID Nits checker already accepts I-Ds with old or new

boilerplate. The Secretariat has started accepting I-Ds with old or

new boilerplate.

XML2RFC version 1.32 will generate the new boilerplate.

Users of I-D templates are requested to update them appropriately.

http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html
<http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html>  and

http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html
<http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html>  are being updated.

Starting December, the public ID Nits checker will issue warnings for
old

boilerplate.

Starting February 2007, the Secretariat will refuse the old boilerplate

in Internet-Drafts.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this change cannot be avoided.

IETF Chair

IETF Secretariat

TOOLS Team

--------

Copyright Notice (required for all IETF Documents)

(Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document.)

NOTE: by convention, the first line of the copyright statement is
usually

placed near the beginning of each document. This must also be updated.

OLD

"Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).

This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions

contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors

retain all their rights.

NEW

"Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (year).

This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions

contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors

retain all their rights.

Disclaimer (required in all IETF Documents)

(Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document after the copyright

notice.)

OLD

"This document and the information contained herein are provided

on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE

REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND

THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES,

EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT

THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR

ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A

PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

NEW

"This document and the information contained herein are provided

on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE

REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE

IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL

WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY

WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE

ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS

FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Exceptions

In MIB modules, PIB modules and similar material commonly

extracted from IETF Documents, except for material that is being

placed under IANA maintenance, the following abbreviated notice

shall be included in the body of the material that will be

extracted in lieu of the notices otherwise required by Section 5:

OLD

"Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>. This version of

this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for

full legal notices."

NEW

"Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>. This version of

this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for

full legal notices."

When the MIB or PIB module is the initial version of a module that

is to be maintained by the IANA, the following abbreviated notice

shall be included:

OLD

"Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>. The initial

version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full

legal notices see the RFC itself. Supplementary information

may be available at:

http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html
<http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html> ."

NEW

"Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>. The initial

version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full

legal notices see the RFC itself. Supplementary information

may be available at:

http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html
<http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html> ."

_______________________________________________

IETF-Announce mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce> 

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib