Subject: [Adslmib] draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-02.txt

From: "Moti Morgenstern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:34:32 +0200

Hello all,

I've submitted the -02 version to the internet-drafts. 

I want to thank Uwe Pauluhn (infineon), John Boyle (Alcatel)
and of course Clay Sikes (Paradyne) for their comments.
Not all comments were already implemented, including those
that mentioned few G.997.1 objects that are (still) missing. The
editors need more time and at least one more draft to cover
all objects.

Here are the main changes included in this revision
compared to -01 version.

1) Created new tables for line/signal attenuation and SNR margin 
    measurements, Xdsl2LineBandEntry and xdsl2SCStatusBandTable.
    One table reflects the dynamic changes in those measurements
    while the second one records the measurements next to the 
    recent loop diagnostics

2) Created a new textual convention, Xdsl2Band, that serves
     for indexing tables which (also) refer to vdsl2 bands and
     complements Xdsl2Direction. 

3) In Section 2.9, replaced the phrase:
"The xdsl2LStatusStatusXtur and adsl2LStatusStatusXtuc" with:
"The xdsl2LineStatusXtur and xdsl2LineStatusXtuc"  

4) For the xdsl2SCStatusSnrMargin object:
Replaced the phrase:
"received at the XTU (XTU-R on downstream direction and XATU-C" with:
"received at the XTU (XTU-R on downstream direction and XTU-C"

5) xDsl2SCStatusMainTable => 
    reverts to RFC 4706 name: xDsl2SCStatusTable.
   Added new: xDsl2SCStatusBandTable.
 
6)  xDsl2SCStatusTable => renamed to xDsl2SCStatusSegmentTable.

7) Implemented all UPBO, DPBO, RFIBANDS related support.
    Also added two Textual Conventions for D/UPBO

8) Implemented changes based on Clay Sikes' comments from 14/10/06.
    Clay sent 66 comments and the editors agreed with most of them.
    Note that there were few comments that the editors didn't accept,
such
    as adding "running counters", and use of IMPLIED for 
    profile names (Clay withdrawn from that). Other comments, all
involve
    adding description here and there, are delayed to a future version.
     
9) Added xdsl2LineConfProfModeSpecBandUsTable for few band level
    parameters that are required specifically for VDSL2 line
configuration.

10) Replaced the references to the ADSL2 draft with references to RFC
4706

11) Updated section 2.1.1 ("General IF-MIB Integration (RFC 2863)")
      according to RFC 4706

12) Changed 2.1.2 in Figure 1 near ifType

13) Removed one or two editor's comments. More comments are still there.

14) Replaced references to TR-090 with references to TR-129. Moved the
       DSL Forum reference to the Informative References

15)  Added text for Xdsl2UpboKLF and Xdsl2BandUs

16) In the description of Xdsl2LinePmMode I changed "(L2)" to "(L1/L2)".

17) Corrected few spelling errors.

Best Regards,
Moti Morgenstern

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib