Subject: [Adslmib] draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-04.txt

From: Moti Morgenstern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:36:44 +0200

Hello all,

I've submitted the -04 version to the internet-drafts. 

Here are the changes included in this revision compared to -03 revision.
Many changes are due to the fact that ITU-T G.997.1 was updated while we
were working on this draft document.

-	Added the G.997.1 Amendment 1 to the references. Also mentions
it where needed (e.g., where G.997.1 is mentioned in the description and
near affected parameters).
-	Updated the definition of Xdsl2LineClassMask and
Xdsl2LineUs0Mask per G.997.1 Amendment 1.
-	Updated the definition of xdsl2ChStatusLPath per G.997.1
Amendment 1.
-	Updated the description of xdsl2LConfProfClassMask and changed
its default value per G.997.1 Amendment 1.
-	Updated the description of xdsl2ChStatusInpReport per G.997.1
Amendment 1.
-	Added Maximum delay variation (xdsl2ChConfProfMaxDelayVar) and
Channel Initialization Policy Selection (xdsl2ChConfProfInitPolicy) to
channel configuration profile, per amendment 1.
-	Added a group for optional channel level configuration
parameters. Currently holds the xdsl2ChConfProfMaxDelayVar and
xdsl2ChConfProfInitPolicy.
-	Also added Xdsl2ChInitPolicy TC to serve the
xdsl2ChConfProfInitPolicy attribute.
-	Minor correction in the reference clause of ratio parameters
included in the xdsl2LineConfTemplateEntry. Also updated their
description clause.
-	Minor correction in the reference clause of parameters included
in the Xdsl2LineInventoryEntry
-	Corrected the definition of xdsl2LConfProfMsgMinUs/Ds
-	Corrected the description of Xdsl2LineCeFlag TC.
-	Revised the description of Xdsl2LineForceInp TC.
-	Revised the description of Xdsl2Band TC and the description of
xdsl2LineBand index (i.e., main point is that 'upstream' and
'downstream' are used also for VDSL2) 
-	Minor correction in the description of Xdsl2Tssi TC and the
description of xdsl2SCStatusSegmentTssi attribute. Moved the attribute
to the xdsl2LineTable (now it is called: xdsl2LineStatusTssiDs and
xdsl2LineStatusTssiUs) because it's actually per line+direction (and not
related to the DELT), similar to the Trellis related status parameters,
rather than per sub-carrier.
-	Added Xdsl2MRefPsdDs and Xdsl2MRefPsdUs TCs
-	Added xdsl2LineStatusMrefPsdDs and xdsl2LineStatusMrefPsdUs to
xdsl2LineTable
-	Xdsl2ChInitPolicy added to the IMPORT list
-	Changed the names prefix of all groups from vdsl2xxxx to
xdsl2xxxx

Updated DESCRIPTION of xdsl2LineCnfgFallbackTemplate 
----------------------------------------------------
- Updated description to make it clear that this attribute
  is optional.
- Specified how the fallback mechanism should behave
  if the xTU-C fails to train up using the fallback template.

Updated "Managing Profiles And Templates" Section
-------------------------------------------------
- Updated this section to make it clear that the
  xdsl2LineCnfgFallbackTemplate attribute
  is optional.
- Specified how the fallback mechanism should behave
  if the xTU-C fails to train up using the fallback template.

Updated "Security Considerations" Section
-----------------------------------------
- Mentioned the security implications of unwanted
  changes to the xdsl2LineCnfgFallbackTemplate attribute.

Updated TC 'Xdsl2OperationModes'
--------------------------------
- Update enumerated values to include ADSL modes.
- Updated the DESCRIPTION clause to be consistent
  with the new enumerated values.

Updated TC 'Xdsl2MrefPsdDs'
---------------------------
- Changed DESCRIPTION clause.
  Specified the use of a variable length OCTET STRING instead
  of specifying the number of breakpoints as the first byte of
  the OCTET STRING.

Updated TC 'Xdsl2MrefPsdUs'
---------------------------
- Changed DESCRIPTION clause.
  Specified the use of a variable length OCTET STRING instead
  of specifying the number of breakpoints as the first byte of
  the OCTET STRING.

Updated DESCRIPTION of xdsl2LineStatusMrefPsdDs
-----------------------------------------------
- Specified the use of a variable length OCTET STRING instead
  of specifying the number of breakpoints as the first byte of
  the OCTET STRING.

Updated DESCRIPTION of xdsl2LineStatusMrefPsdUs
-----------------------------------------------
- Specified the use of a variable length OCTET STRING instead
  of specifying the number of breakpoints as the first byte of
  the OCTET STRING.

Updated "Textual Conventions" Section
-------------------------------------
- Changed description of Xdsl2OperationModes TC.
  Replaced "ADSL mode" with "xDSL mode" in 2 places.
- Changed description of Xdsl2MrefPsdDs TC.
  Specified the use of a variable length OCTET STRING instead
  of specifying the number of breakpoints as the first byte of
  the OCTET STRING.
- Changed description of Xdsl2MrefPsdUs TC.
  Specified the use of a variable length OCTET STRING instead
  of specifying the number of breakpoints as the first byte of
  the OCTET STRING.

-	Copyright statements updated.    
-	Corrected 3 typos where "Overlapeed" used instead of
"Overlapped"
-	Deleted editor notes not required any more
-	Other minor editorial corrections (e.g., idnits comments for
Xdsl2BpscResult, xdsl2LineCmndConfBpscFailReason, Xdsl2LineForceInp,
xdsl2LineCmndConfLdsf, xdsl2LineSegmentEntry, xdsl2LineSegmentBitsAlloc,
xdsl2LineBandTable, xdsl2LineBandStatusLnAtten,
xdsl2LineBandStatusSigAtten, xdsl2LineBandStatusSnrMargin,
xdsl2SCStatusRowStatus, xdsl2SCStatusSegmentEntry,
xdsl2SCStatusSegmentLinImg, xdsl2SCStatusSegmentSnr,
xdsl2SCStatusSegmentBitsAlloc, xdsl2LineConfTemplateTable,
xdsl2LConfTempChan1RaRatioDs/Us, xdsl2LConfTempChan2RaRatioUs,
xdsl2LConfTempChan3RaRatioDs/Us, xdsl2LConfProfRfiBands,
xdsl2LConfProfTxRefVnDs/Us, xdsl2LConfProfDpboEPsd,
xdsl2LConfProfDpboEsCableModelA/B/C, xdsl2LConfProfDpboMus,
xdsl2LConfProfUpboKL, xdsl2LineConfProfModeSpecBandUsTable,
xdsl2LConfProfUpboPsdA/B, vdsl2LineBpscGroup, vdsl2LineBpscGroup,
vdsl2LineSegmentGroup)
-	Added acknowledgments

Best Regards,
Moti Morgenstern

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:46:31 +0200

Hello All,

	Many thanks to the editors for there good work in producing this
draft. 

	I would like to call upon the working group to review this
draft, which is now quite mature, and provide feedback and comments to
the editors.

	Best Regards,
	Menachem

> _____________________________________________ 
> From: 	Moti Morgenstern  
> Sent:	Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:37 AM
> To:	[email-masked]'
> Cc:	'Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)'; Menachem Dodge
> Subject:	draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-04.txt
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> Here are the changes included in this revision compared to -03
> revision. Many changes are due to the fact that ITU-T G.997.1 was
> updated while we were working on this draft document.
> 
> it where needed (e.g., where G.997.1 is mentioned in the description
> and near affected parameters).
> xdsl2LineStatusTssiUs) because it's actually per line+direction (and
> not related to the DELT), similar to the Trellis related status
> parameters, rather than per sub-carrier.
> xdsl2LineCmndConfLdsf, xdsl2LineSegmentEntry,
> xdsl2LineSegmentBitsAlloc, xdsl2LineBandTable,
> xdsl2LineBandStatusLnAtten, xdsl2LineBandStatusSigAtten,
> xdsl2LineBandStatusSnrMargin, xdsl2SCStatusRowStatus,
> xdsl2SCStatusSegmentEntry, xdsl2SCStatusSegmentLinImg,
> xdsl2SCStatusSegmentSnr, xdsl2SCStatusSegmentBitsAlloc,
> xdsl2LineConfTemplateTable, xdsl2LConfTempChan1RaRatioDs/Us,
> xdsl2LConfTempChan2RaRatioUs, xdsl2LConfTempChan3RaRatioDs/Us,
> xdsl2LConfProfRfiBands, xdsl2LConfProfTxRefVnDs/Us,
> xdsl2LConfProfDpboEPsd, xdsl2LConfProfDpboEsCableModelA/B/C,
> xdsl2LConfProfDpboMus, xdsl2LConfProfUpboKL,
> xdsl2LineConfProfModeSpecBandUsTable, xdsl2LConfProfUpboPsdA/B,
> vdsl2LineBpscGroup, vdsl2LineBpscGroup, vdsl2LineSegmentGroup)
> -	Added acknowledgments
> 
> Best Regards,
> Moti Morgenstern
> 
> 
>