Subject: [Adslmib] dsl2ShdslMIB: SpanConfNumRepeaters & StatusNumAvailRepeaters question

From: Artem Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:10:14 +0700

Hello,
Sorry for duplicating a mail. I send it from other mail and before
registering in adslmib list. But I need answer relatively fast.

I work on SNMP support for Sigrand devices (www.sigrand.com).

I have a question connected with representation of repeaters in SNMP.
Consider following example: We have a span with
hdsl2ShdslSpanConfNumRepeaters = 6
hdsl2ShdslStatusNumAvailRepeaters = 3

How many repeaters I should represent in tables which use hdsl2ShdslInvIndex
or UnitId as index?

As MIB says in hdsl2ShdslInventoryTable for hdsl2ShdslInvIndex:
*Each entry in this table corresponds to a physical element in an
HDSL2/SHDSL span.  It is based on the EOC unit addressing scheme with
reference to the xtuC.*

So I assume that I have to create entries in tables only for discovered
units. But I need to know for sure.

And there is another related question:
Let's suppose that channel was working with 6 repeaters. Statistics was
accumulated. Then link got down, discovery process started again. The reason
of link down is a damage of segment between SRU3 & SRU4. So now we have a
span with only 3 discovered repeaters (I use STU-C polling only). So if the
answer for the first question is "yes, you need to represent only discovered
units", I have to show only following units: STU-C, SRU1,SRU2,SRU3. But
maybe it is interesting to have access to saved statistics from unavailable
units? Does it consider in MIB or it is not important?

Thank you for your answers.

-- 
С Уважением, Поляков Артем
Best regards, Artem Polyakov

-- 
С Уважением, Поляков Артем
Best regards, Artem Polyakov