Subject: [Adslmib] Proposed Charter Change - to include VoP

From: Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:20:42 +0200

Hello All,

Please review the proposed updated working group charter and milestones (below).

 All comments and feedback are appreciated.

==========================

The working group will define:

1. A set of managed objects to handle the bonding of xDSL lines
according to the ITU-T Recommendations G.998.1 (ATM), G.998.2 (Ethernet)
and G.998.3 (TDIM). A common MIB module will be developed to handle the
common objects and three specific MIB modules will be developed to
handle the three separate layer-2 technologies. Use will be made of the
ifStack and ifInvStack Tables defined in RFC 2863 and RFC 2864
respectively. Use will also be made of the ifAvailableStack and
ifInvAvailableStack tables as defined by the Hubmib WG.

2. The working group will develop a set of managed objects as an optional extension to RFC 5650 that shall provide an alternative approach, known as the "Vector of Profiles", for the configuration of DSL lines. The Vector of Profiles MIB will be based on the Broadband Forum TR-165 document.

The MIB modules defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2,
will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will describe
the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such as those
described in other work products of this Working Group, the interfaces
MIB, the Ethernet MIB modules and the AToM MIB.

The working group will consider the input of the Broadband forum and the ITU
in the definition of these MIBs.

Goals and Milestones:

Feb 2010 Initial Vector of Profiles draft to be accepted by the Working Group.
Apr 2010 Post Vector of Profiles Draft version 01.
Jun 2010 Revise the draft and post vector of Profiles draft version 02.
Jul  2010  Working Group review of the Vector of Profiles draft.
Aug 2010 Post Vector of Profiles Draft version 03.
Sep 2010 Present the Vdsl2 document to the IESG.

Thank you kindly,
Menachem Dodge

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:40:05 +0100

Comments and  Questions: 
 
- do you plan for this text to replace the current charter? if so, can
you please revise the whole text, including the headers. It's a good
opportunity to take out the names of the editors and advisors who are
not active any longer and replace them with the current ones
- be more specific on what SG in the ITU-T the WG needs to coordinate
with
- 'Jul  2010  Working Group review of the Vector of Profiles draft.' do
you mean WG last call?
- 'Sep 2010 Present the Vdsl2 document to the IESG.'   is this Vsdl2 or
vector of profiles MIB? is this for consideration as Proposed Standard? 
 
Thanks and Regards,
 
Dan

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Menachem Dodge
	Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 9:21 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Adslmib] Proposed Charter Change - to include VoP

	Hello All,

	Please review the proposed updated working group charter and
milestones (below).

	according to the ITU-T Recommendations G.998.1 (ATM), G.998.2
(Ethernet)

	and G.998.3 (TDIM). A common MIB module will be developed to
handle the

	common objects and three specific MIB modules will be developed
to

	handle the three separate layer-2 technologies. Use will be made
of the

	ifInvAvailableStack tables as defined by the Hubmib WG. [[DR]]  

	2. The working group will develop a set of managed objects as an
optional extension to RFC 5650 that shall provide an alternative
approach, known as the "Vector of Profiles", for the configuration of
DSL lines. The Vector of Profiles MIB will be based on the Broadband
Forum TR-165 document. 

	The MIB modules defined by this group will be generated using
SMIv2,  

	will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will
describe

	the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such as
those

	described in other work products of this Working Group, the
interfaces

	The working group will consider the input of the Broadband forum
and the ITU 

	Goals and Milestones:

	Feb 2010 Initial Vector of Profiles draft to be accepted by the
Working Group.

	Jun 2010 Revise the draft and post vector of Profiles draft
version 02.

	Thank you kindly,

	Menachem Dodge

---

From: Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:53:18 +0200

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your comments and questions.

I will revise the whole text including the headers as you suggest.

I will update the milestones:

'Jul  2010  Working Group Last Call for the Vector of Profiles draft.'
'Sep 2010 Submit Vector Of Profile document to the IESG as Proposed Standard.'

Best Regards,
Menachem

From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 1:40 PM
To: Menachem Dodge; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Adslmib] Proposed Charter Change - to include VoP

Comments and  Questions:

- do you plan for this text to replace the current charter? if so, can you please revise the whole text, including the headers. It's a good opportunity to take out the names of the editors and advisors who are not active any longer and replace them with the current ones
- be more specific on what SG in the ITU-T the WG needs to coordinate with
- 'Jul  2010  Working Group review of the Vector of Profiles draft.' do you mean WG last call?
- 'Sep 2010 Present the Vdsl2 document to the IESG.'   is this Vsdl2 or vector of profiles MIB? is this for consideration as Proposed Standard?

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Menachem Dodge
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 9:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Adslmib] Proposed Charter Change - to include VoP

Hello All,

Goals and Milestones:

Thank you kindly,
Menachem Dodge

---

From: Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:05:10 +0200

Hi All,
I have revised the Working Group charter page, please see below.
Comments and feedback are welcome.
==============================
ADSL MIB (adslmib)
Last Modified: 2009-08-24
Additional information is available at tools.ietf.org/wg/adslmib<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/adslmib>
Chair(s):

 *   Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>
Operations and Management Area Director(s):

 *   Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>
 *   Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>
Operations and Management Area Advisor:

 *   Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>
Editor(s):

 *   Scott Baillie <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>
 *   Moti Morgenstern <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>
 *   Umberto Bonollo <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>
 *   Edward Beili <[email-masked]>
Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/adslmib/current/maillist.html
Description of Working Group:
The working group will define:

1. A set of managed objects to handle the bonding of xDSL lines
according to the ITU-T Recommendations G.998.1 (ATM), G.998.2 (Ethernet)
and G.998.3 (TDIM). A common MIB module will be developed to handle the
common objects and three specific MIB modules will be developed to
handle the three separate layer-2 technologies. Use will be made of the
ifStack and ifInvStack Tables defined in RFC 2863 and RFC 2864
respectively. Use will also be made of the ifCapStack and
ifInvCapStack tables as defined in RFC 5066. The Broadband forum TR-159 will be used in the definition of these MIBs.

2. The working group will develop a set of managed objects as an optional extension to RFC 5650 that shall provide an alternative approach, known as the "Vector of Profiles", for the configuration of DSL lines. The Vector of Profiles MIB will be based on the Broadband Forum TR-165 document. The ITU-T G.997.1 will also be considered in the definition of this extension.

Goals and Milestones:
Done

Submit Internet-Draft to cover subscriber equipment

Done

Meet at Chicago IETF to review Internet-Drafts

Done

Submit Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard.

Done

Meet at Oslo IETF to review new Internet-Drafts and discuss implementation experience on initial MIB

Done

Submit supplementary Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard.

Done

Produce Internet-Draft covering HDSL2 management objects.

Done

Submit updated HDSL2/SHDSL Internet-Draft

Done

Complete WG last call for HDSL2/SHDSL management objects

Done

Collect implementation reports for ADSL MIB

Done

Submit HDSL2/SHDSL MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard

Done

Submit initial Internet-Draft VDSL MIB

Done

Complete WG last call on VDSL MIB

Done

Submit updated VDSL MIB Internet-Draft

Done

Submit final VDSL MIB Internet-Draft

Done

Submit VDSL MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard

Done

New WG I-Ds for the LCS MCM and SCM MIB modules

Done

Initial WG Internet-Draft covering ADSL2 management objects

Done

Integrate working group changes and produce revised draft

Done

Complete WG last call on ADSL2 MIB

Done

Submit ADSL2 MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard

Done

Re-charter or close down

Done

Initial WG Internet-Draft covering VDSL2 management objects

Done

Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum that work on the VDSL2 MIB has begun

Done

Integrate working group changes and produce revised VDSL2 MIB draft

Done

Post Initial Drafts of all the xDsl Bonding MIB drafts

Done

Post Vdsl2 draft version 03

Done

Post Vdsl2 draft version 04.

Done

Complete Thorough Working Group Reviews of the Vdsl2 draft and produce version 05.

Done

Working Group Last Call for the Vdsl2 document.

Done

Early MIB Doctor Reviews of the Vdsl2 draft.

Done

Make Correction to the draft following the review.

Done

Working Group Last Call for the Vdsl2 document following corrections.

Done

Present the Vdsl2 document to the IESG.

Feb 2010
Feb 2010

Complete the work on all the four G.Bond documents.
Initial Vector of Profiles draft to be accepted by the Working Group.

Mar 2010

Working Group Last Call on all the G. Bond documents.

Apr 2010      Submit G.Bond documents to IESG as Proposed Standard
Apr 2010      Post Vector of Profiles Draft version 01.
Jun 2010      Revise the draft and post vector of Profiles draft version 02.
Jul  2010      Working Group Last Call for the Vector of Profiles draft.
Aug 2010      Post Vector of Profiles Draft version 03.
Sep 2010      Submit the Vector Of Profile document to the IESG as Proposed Standard.
Oct 2010       Re-charter or close down.

=====================

Best Regards,
Menachem