Subject: [Adslmib] WG Review: Recharter of ADSL MIB (adslmib)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A modified charter has been submitted for the ADSL MIB (adslmib) working
group in the Operations and Management Area of the IETF.  The IESG has not
made any determination as yet.  The modified charter is provided below for
informational purposes only.  Please send your comments to the IESG
mailing list ([email-masked]) by Tuesday, March 2, 2010.

ADSL MIB (adslmib)
-------------------------------
Current Status: Active Working Group
Last Modified: 2010-02-14 

Additional information is available at tools.ietf.org/wg/adslmib

Chair(s):
 * Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
 * Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
 * Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
 * Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>

Editor(s):
 * Scott Baillie <[email-masked]>
 * Moti Morgenstern <[email-masked]>
 * Umberto Bonollo <[email-masked]>
 * Edward Beili <[email-masked]> 

Mailing Lists:
 General Discussion: [email-masked]
 To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
 Archive:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/adslmib/current/maillist.html

Description of Working Group:

The working group will define: 

1. A set of managed objects to handle the bonding of xDSL lines 
according to the ITU-T Recommendations G.998.1 (ATM), G.998.2 (Ethernet) 
and G.998.3 (TDIM). A common MIB module will be developed to handle the 
common objects and three specific MIB modules will be developed to 
handle the three separate layer-2 technologies. Use will be made of the 
ifStack and ifInvStack Tables defined in RFC 2863 and RFC 2864 
respectively. Use will also be made of the ifCapStack and ifInvCapStack 
tables as defined in RFC 5066. The Broadband forum TR-159 will be used 
in the definition of these MIBs.

2. The working group will develop a set of managed objects as an
optional extension to RFC 5650 that shall provide an alternative
approach, known as the "Vector of Profiles", for the configuration of
DSL lines. The Vector of Profiles MIB will be based on the Broadband
Forum TR-165 document. The ITU-T G.997.1 will also be considered in the
definition of this extension.

The MIB modules defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2, 
will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will
describe the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such 
as those described in other work products of this Working Group, the
interfaces MIB, the Ethernet MIB modules and the AToM MIB. 

Goals and Milestones:

Done Submit Internet-Draft to cover subscriber equipment 
Done Meet at Chicago IETF to review Internet-Drafts 
Done Submit Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration as Proposed 
     Standard. 
Done Meet at Oslo IETF to review new Internet-Drafts and discuss 
     implementation experience on initial MIB 
Done Submit supplementary Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration as 
     Proposed Standard. 
Done Produce Internet-Draft covering HDSL2 management objects. 
Done Submit updated HDSL2/SHDSL Internet-Draft 
Done Complete WG last call for HDSL2/SHDSL management objects 
Done Collect implementation reports for ADSL MIB 
Done Submit HDSL2/SHDSL MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed 
     Standard 
Done Submit initial Internet-Draft VDSL MIB 
Done Complete WG last call on VDSL MIB 
Done Submit updated VDSL MIB Internet-Draft 
Done Submit final VDSL MIB Internet-Draft 
Done Submit VDSL MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard 
Done New WG I-Ds for the LCS MCM and SCM MIB modules 
Done Initial WG Internet-Draft covering ADSL2 management objects 
Done Integrate working group changes and produce revised draft 
Done Complete WG last call on ADSL2 MIB 
Done Submit ADSL2 MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard 
Done Re-charter or close down 
Done Initial WG Internet-Draft covering VDSL2 management objects 
Done Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum that work on the VDSL2 MIB has begun 
Done Integrate working group changes and produce revised VDSL2 MIB draft 
Done Post Initial Drafts of all the xDsl Bonding MIB drafts 
Done Post Vdsl2 draft version 03 
Done Post Vdsl2 draft version 04. 
Done Complete Thorough Working Group Reviews of the Vdsl2 draft and 
     produce version 05. 
Done Working Group Last Call for the Vdsl2 document. 
Done Early MIB Doctor Reviews of the Vdsl2 draft. 
Done Make Correction to the draft following the review. 
Done Working Group Last Call for the Vdsl2 document following 
     corrections. 
Done Present the Vdsl2 document to the IESG. 
Feb 2010 Submit updated ATM and Ethernet G.Bond MIB drafts.
Mar 2010 Initial Vector of Profiles draft to be accepted by the Working 
     Group.
Apr 2010 Submit G.Bond MIB and TDIM MIB Drafts
Apr 2010 Submit Vector of Profiles Draft version 01
May 2010 Working Group Last Call on all the G. Bond documents.
Jun 2010 Submit G.Bond documents to IESG as Proposed Standard
Jun 2010 Revise the draft and post vector of Profiles draft version 02.
Jul 2010 Working Group Last Call for the Vector of Profiles draft.
Aug 2010 Post Vector of Profiles Draft version 03.
Sep 2010 Submit the Vector Of Profile document to the IESG as Proposed 
     Standard.
Oct 2010 Re-charter or close down.