Subject: [Adslmib] Compilation of the atm MIB

From: Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:05:12 +0200

Hi Edward,

I ran the libsmi tool MIB compiler on the drafts.

Two of the drafts had errors/warnings. Please have a look at these and correct as necessary:

draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-atm-mib-02.txt.
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:654: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:668: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:685: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:700: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:952: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:966: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:980: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:997: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1092: [1] {internal-other} syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting UPPERCASE_IDENTIFIER or LOWERCASE_IDENTIFIER or NUMBER
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1092: [5] {internal-flushing} warning: flushing recent incorrect declaration, see previous error(s)
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1093: [1] {internal-other} syntax error, unexpected STATUS
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1097: [5] {internal-flushing} warning: flushing recent incorrect declaration, see previous error(s)
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1107: [1] {internal-other} syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting UPPERCASE_IDENTIFIER or LOWERCASE_IDENTIFIER or NUMBER
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1107: [5] {internal-flushing} warning: flushing recent incorrect declaration, see previous error(s)
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1108: [1] {internal-other} syntax error, unexpected STATUS
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1113: [5] {internal-flushing} warning: flushing recent incorrect declaration, see previous error(s)
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1123: [1] {internal-other} syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting UPPERCASE_IDENTIFIER or LOWERCASE_IDENTIFIER or NUMBER
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1123: [5] {internal-flushing} warning: flushing recent incorrect declaration, see previous error(s)
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1124: [1] {internal-other} syntax error, unexpected STATUS
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1129: [5] {internal-flushing} warning: flushing recent incorrect declaration, see previous error(s)
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:109: [1] {object-identifier-unknown} unknown object identifier label `mib-2'
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1157: [1] {object-identifier-unknown} unknown object identifier label `gBondAtmPerfCurrGroup'
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1162: [1] {object-identifier-unknown} unknown object identifier label `gBondAtmPerf15MinGroup'
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1167: [1] {object-identifier-unknown} unknown object identifier label `gBondAtmPerf1DayGroup'
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:466: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinValidIntervals' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:491: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinInvalidIntervals' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:507: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr15MinTimeElapsed' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:521: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr15MinRxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:542: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr15MinTxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:559: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr15MinUpDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:577: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr15MinDnDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:598: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayValidIntervals' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:616: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayInvalidIntervals' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:628: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr1DayTimeElapsed' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:642: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr1DayRxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:657: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr1DayTxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:671: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr1DayUpDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:688: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerfCurr1DayDnDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:758: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinIntervalMoniTime' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:769: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinIntervalRxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:790: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinIntervalTxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:807: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinIntervalUpDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:825: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinIntervalDnDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:846: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf15MinIntervalValid' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:922: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayIntervalMoniTime' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:941: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayIntervalRxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:955: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayIntervalTxLostCells' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:969: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayIntervalUpDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:983: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayIntervalDnDiffDelay' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:1000: [4] {group-membership} warning: node `gBondAtmPortPerf1DayIntervalValid' must be contained in at least one conformance group
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:9: [5] {import-unused} warning: identifier `TimeTicks' imported from module `SNMPv2-SMI' is never used
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:22: [5] {import-unused} warning: identifier `InterfaceIndex' imported from module `IF-MIB' is never used
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:26: [5] {import-unused} warning: identifier `HCPerfIntervalThreshold' imported from module `HC-PerfHist-TC-MIB' is never used
mibs/GBOND-ATM-MIB:30: [5] {import-unused} warning: identifier `HCPerfTotalCount' imported from module `HC-PerfHist-TC-MIB' is never used

draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-tdim-mib-04.txt

mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:822: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:893: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1228: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1241: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1256: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1334: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1350: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1363: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1471: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1484: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1497: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1631: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1689: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1774: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:1884: [5] {empty-reference} warning: zero-length reference string
mibs/GBOND-TDIM-MIB:766: [5] {index-element-accessible} warning: index element `gBondTdimServicePosition' of row `gBondTdimOperServiceEntry'

Best Regards,
Menachem

---

From: Edward Beili <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 21:31:41 +0200

Menachem,
1. About the errors/warnings in gbond-atm-mib - apparently I had a mistake in my Makefile, which picked the wrong version of the gbond-atm-mib.mib file for the inclusion in the ASCII version of the draft. The HTML version was correct, unfortunately the IETF draft submission does not allow for HTML version submission.

The corrected version is attached. Should I advance the version number of draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-atm-mib  and submit it?

2. Both gbond-atm-mib and gbond-tdim-mib contain multiple "zero-length reference string" warnings. I left them to prevent a shift in the line numbering for people who have already started to review the drafts. I will remove those empty references in the next version of the drafts.

3. The last warning in the gbond-tdim-mib is intentional:

The index element gBondTdimServicePosition must be readable as opposed to not not-accessible since it is used in the gBondTdimServiceUp and gBondTdimServiceDown notifications to indicate the service.
Regards,
-E.

From: Menachem Dodge [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 19:05 PM
To: Edward Beili
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Compilation of the atm MIB

Hi Edward,

Best Regards,
Menachem

---

From: Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:57:48 +0200

Hi Edward,

Thanks very much for this.

Please wait a few days, for additional feedback and comments before re-submitting the atm draft.

Thank you kindly.

Best Regards,
Menachem

From: Edward Beili [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:32 PM
To: Menachem Dodge
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Compilation of the atm MIB

Menachem,

Hi Edward,

Best Regards,
Menachem