Subject: [alto] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-despotovic-alto-feedback-cp-00]

From: Zoran Despotovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:53:12 +0200

FYI.

Zoran

-- 
Zoran Despotovic, Ph.D.
Senior Researcher

DOCOMO Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH
Landsbergerstrasse 312, 80687 Munich, Germany
Tel: +49-89-56824-205  Fax: +49-89-56824-300
http://www.docomoeurolabs.de/
 
Managing Directors (Geschaeftsfuehrer):
Dr. Masami Yabusaki, Naoki Tani, Tsutomu Sakai
Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB 132976
--------------------------------------------------

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-despotovic-alto-feedback-cp-00
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 02:24:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-despotovic-alto-feedback-cp-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Zoran Despotovic and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-despotovic-alto-feedback-cp
Revision:	 00
Title:		 ALTO-FCP: Application Layer Traffic Optimization Feedback-Based Client Protocol
Creation_date:	 2009-07-06
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 18

Abstract:
In some networked applications, such as peer-to-peer file sharing,
the same resource (e.g., a file or a server process) is available at
several potential resource providers. Resource consumers typically
try to select providers so that application performance is improved,
establishing an overlay topology of direct logical links in the
process. However, lack of reliable information about the underlying
network can lead to poor choices and suboptimal application
performance. In addition, resulting application traffic is largely
oblivious to technical, economical, and political constraints at the
network level, causing problems for network operators.

This document describes a protocol that facilitates the exchange of
information between an overlay and the underlying network. Such
information can be used at each layer to make decisions that are not
detrimental to the other layer or, ideally, are beneficial to both.

The IETF Secretariat.