Subject: [alto] fwd: I-D Action:draft-kiesel-alto-3pdisc-01.txt

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:11:12 +0100

Hi,

Marco and I updated the draft on Third-party ALTO server discovery.
Changes since -00:

- Added "Approach 6", thanks to Enrico!
- Added figures, message sequence charts, and text to better illustrate
  the different approaches

Conclusion/recommendation remains unchanged.

thanks,

    Sebastian

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-kiesel-alto-3pdisc-01.txt 
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
Reply-To: [email-masked]
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Third-party ALTO server discovery
	Author(s)       : S. Kiesel, M. Tomsu
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-3pdisc-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2009-10-26

The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
provide guidance to applications, which have to select one or several
hosts from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
resource.

This document describes why a third-party ALTO server discovery
mechanism is required for an important class of applications, namely
tracker-based P2P applications.  Several solution approaches are
classified and evaluated.  The conclusion is that further work is
required to standardize a protocol and procedures that follow one
specific approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kiesel-alto-3pdisc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Sebastian Kiesel            mailto:[email-masked]
Network Research Division   tel:+49-6221-4342-232   fax:+49-6221-4342-155
NEC Laboratories Europe     Kurfuerstenanlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
--
NEC Europe Limited          Registered in England 2832014
Registered Office           NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL