Subject: [alto] Adoption of draft-penno-alto-protocol

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:57:43 +0100

Folks,

the meeting in Hiroshima and the mailing list followup have indicated
that there is rough consensus for adopting the draft as the basis for
the request/response protocol deliverable we have in the charter. From
now on, not the individual authors, but the whole WG will be in charge
of the document -- that will be renamed draft-ietf-alto-protocol -- and
will take control of the changes.

The observations raised during the meeting and after on the list have
pointed out several areas where the current text may (and indeed needs
to) be improved. They have also indicated some issues that certainly
need more discussion. Since we are now at a fresh start, we would like
the current authors and the whole group to consider the possibility to
adopt a systematic approach at tracking issues on this document,
possibly using the IETF issue tracker tool (for an idea of how the tool
works take a look at:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/query?component=p1-messaging).
If you have an opinion whether such a tool would in fact improve
productivity, please let the chairs know.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico