Subject: [alto] Question on RFC5632 (Comcast experience...)

From: Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:21:40 -0500

Hi,

One question about the doc as I review it.

* What is the 'Global Avg bps' found in Table 2.

Thanks,

Reinaldo

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:01:45 -0500

>What is the 'Global Avg bps' found in Table 2.

This value was the download speed of Pando P2P clients in a particular
swarm, regardless of the broadband ISP of the client.

First, there were ISPs other than Comcast that supplied iTrackers for
this trial. Per section 1 of RFC5632, "The P4P iTracker trial was
conducted, in cooperation with Pando, Yale, and three other P4P member
ISPs, from July 2 to July 17, 2008."

Second, some Pando clients (that participated in one of the trial
swarms) obtained service from broadband ISPs that did not participate in
this trial (by hosting an iTracker).

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Reinaldo Penno
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [alto] Question on RFC5632 (Comcast experience...)

Hi,

Thanks,

Reinaldo

_______________________________________________
alto mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto

---

From: Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:16:34 -0500

Thanks, I wasn't clear if the 'Global' meant Comcast wide, Trial wide, or
other.