Subject: [alto] Issue tracker experiment

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:43:52 +0100

Folks,

as you have certainly noticed, we have been giving some thought about
how to better track the progress of WG documents and have decided to
give the issue tracker tool a try.

The idea is to keep discussing issues on the mailing list, and to use
the tool to, well, keep track of them for the benefit of the
scatter-brained chairs in the first place, but probably also of the
authors and the whole working group.

We have inserted a few issues that had been already identified on the
mailing list and that are related to the two active documents; anyone is
welcome to suggest new issues and comment on the existing ones, via the
tool or on the list. Issues related to WG documents will be initially
assigned to the first author, mainly because the tool allows to enter
only one assignee. The tool does however allow the filer and the current
owner to reassign an issue, and we expect to use that feature as well
(possibly in a load balancing fashion rather than a-la hot potato).

Again, this is an experiment, so any kind of feedback about the issues
and the process itself is very welcome.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:35:42 -0600

Enrico Marocco wrote:
> [...] Again, this is an experiment, so any kind of feedback about the
> issues and the process itself is very welcome.

Folks: For those that have never used the issue tracker before,
the URL is:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/alto/trac/report/1

It can be accessed from the alto wiki page
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/alto/; the "Issues" link.)

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/