Subject: [alto] TopBT: a topology-aware and infrastructure-independent BitTorrent client

From: "huai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 10:08:43 -0400

Dear All,

I am a developer of "TopBT", a topology-aware bittorrent client. This work
was presented on IEEE INFOCOM 2010, San Diego. In TopBT, we use lightweight
measurement (TCP Ping) to probe network distances of peers and then use a
new unchoking algorithm to reduce unnecessary Internet traffic while trying
to retain a decent downloading rate. I think this work is relevant to ALTO,
so I am posting this work here. We will be very glad to hear any comment
from you.

Project website:  <http://topbt.cse.ohio-state.edu/>
http://topbt.cse.ohio-state.edu/
You can access the paper and slides from:

 <http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/hpcs/WWW/HTML/publications/abs10-1.html>
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/hpcs/WWW/HTML/publications/abs10-1.html

 <http://topbt.cse.ohio-state.edu/TopBT-talk-INFOCOM10.pptx>
http://topbt.cse.ohio-state.edu/TopBT-talk-INFOCOM10.pptx

This work has already accumulated a certain number of users, as you can see
from our weekly updated map of TopBT users:
<http://topbt.cse.ohio-state.edu/topbt-usermaps.php>
http://topbt.cse.ohio-state.edu/topbt-usermaps.php

Thank you very much!

Yin Huai