Subject: [alto] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-00.txt]

From: Sabine Randriamasy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:23:49 +0200

WARNING: This e-mail has been altered by some SMTP protection software.  Following this
paragraph are indications of the actual changes made.  For more information, contact
Alcatel-Lucent Postmaster <[email-masked]>.

An attachment of type message/external-body, named draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-00.url was removed from this message as it
constituted a security hazard.  If you require this document, please contact
the sender and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.

Dear all,

I have submitted an informational draft, entitled "Multi-Cost ALTO". 

There are 2 parts in this draft:
- the first part  proposes protocol extensions to support requests on 
multiple CostTypes in 1 transaction,
- the second part proposes additional CostTypes and Cost attributes such 
as (valitity period, timeframe, reliability... ). This part is certainly 
subject to discussions and updates w.r.t. the Alto scope.

I'd be interested in having your feedback and comments, that could be 
taken into account in further versions.

Thanks and best regards,
Sabine

-------- Message original --------
Sujet : 	I-D Action:draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-00.txt
Date : 	Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:00:01 +0200
De : 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Répondre à : 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Pour : 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
	Author(s)       : S. Randriamasy
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-10-15

IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
traffic Optimization) that includes a "Network Map Service", an
"Endpoint Cost Service" and an "Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service" and
thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
(NP) topology to overlay clients.

The present draft proposes a light way to extend the information
provided by the current ALTO protocol.  The purpose is to broaden the
possibilities of the Application Clients in two ways: firstly by
providing a better mapping of the Selected Endpoints to needs of the
growing diversity of Content Networking Applications and to the
network conditions, secondly by producing a more robust choice of
multiple Endpoints, helping thus out for efficient Multi-Path
transfer.

There are 2 parts in this draft: the first part proposes protocol
extensions to support requests on multiple CostTypes in 1
transaction; the second part proposes additional CostTypes and Cost
attributes such as valitity period, timeframe and reliability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 

---------------------------------------------------------
Sabine RANDRIAMASY
Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs France 
Centre de Villarceaux
Route de Villejust - 91620 NOZAY - FRANCE

E-MAIL : [email-masked]
TEL: +33 (0)1 30 77 27 45 
       2 103 27 45 (On Net)
---------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt