Subject: [alto] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-yang-tracker-peer-selection-00

From: "Y. R. Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:54:31 -0400

We submitted an informational draft on how ALTO information might be 
utilized by P2P trackers. It draws on our past trial experiences. A 
draft to be submitted by Xunlei/China Telecom will give some more 
details on the interesting Xunlei original tracker design as well as how 
to integrate ALTO info. It is an instance of the general scheme 
presented in the draft we just posted.

We hope that more such discussions can address a concern by P2P 
application developers that it might be expensive or complex to utilize 
ALTO info. A missing section of the draft is a more detailed complexity 
analysis, which we plan to add later.

Any comments are welcome!

Thanks.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-yang-tracker-peer-selection-00
Date: 	Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:28:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-yang-tracker-peer-selection-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Yang Yang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-yang-tracker-peer-selection
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Tracker-Based Peer Selection using ALTO Map Information
Creation_date:	 2010-10-17
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
As ALTO core information starts to become available from some ISPs,
how to effectively utilize such information by P2P applications has
become a major issue.  In this document, we discuss some techniques
that a P2P application tracker can incorporate ALTO information in
initial peer selection.

The IETF Secretariat.