Subject: [alto] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt]

From: Sabine Randriamasy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 19:54:49 +0200

Hi all,

A new version of I-D, draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt has been submitted, see below. 

w.r.t the last version, this draft:
- introduces 2 use cases motivating and suggesting new Cost Types
- sketches the protocol updates that will be proposed in 4th version 
after Quebec, with the example of the Endpoint Cost Service,
- is co-authored by Sabine Randriamasy and Nico Schwan.

The chosen example is the Endpoint Cost Service as :
- it is simple and contains the most visible impact of a Multi-Cost 
transaction
- it reflects the initial motivation
- discussions on the ALTO mailing list are still ongoing on other 
services such as Information resources Directory and the Cost Map Service.

As the goal of this draft is to initiate discussions, comments are 
wellcome,
Best regards
Sabine

-------- Message original --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for 
draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt
Date : 	Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:04:58 +0200
De : 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Pour : 	RANDRIAMASY, SABINE (SABINE) 
<[email-masked]>
Copie à : 	RANDRIAMASY, SABINE (SABINE) 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-03.txt has been successfully submitted by Sabine Randriamasy and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Multi-Cost ALTO
Creation date:	 2011-07-11
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14

Abstract:
   IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
   traffic Optimization) that includes a &quot;Network Map Service&quot;, an
   &quot;Endpoint Cost Service&quot; and an &quot;Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service&quot; and
   thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
   Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
   (NP) topology to overlay clients.

   The present draft proposes a light way to extend the information
   provided by the current ALTO protocol.  The purpose is to broaden the
   possibilities of the Application Clients in two ways: firstly by
   providing a better mapping of the Selected Endpoints to needs of the
   growing diversity of Content Networking Applications and to the
   network conditions, secondly by producing a more robust choice of
   multiple Endpoints, helping thus out for efficient Multi-Path
   transfer.

   There are 2 parts in this draft: the first part initiates protocol
   extensions to support requests on multiple Cost Types in one single
   transaction.  These first extensions also integrate the discussions
   within the ALTO Working Group and focus on the Endpoint Cost Service.
   The second part proposes two use cases motivating further definitions
   of additional CostTypes and Cost Attributes related to timeframe and
   validity period.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 

---------------------------------------------------------
Sabine RANDRIAMASY
Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs France 
Centre de Villarceau
Route de Villejust - 91620 NOZAY - FRANCE

E-MAIL : [email-masked]
TEL: +33 (0)1 30 77 27 45 
         (On Net) 2 103 27 45
---------------------------------------------------------