Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-deployments-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:42:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Deployment Considerations
	Author(s)       : Martin Stiemerling
                          Sebastian Kiesel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-deployments-02.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
   pieces of information or server processes, which are available in
   several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
   is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
   of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
   guidance to these applications, which have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
   resource.  The protocol is under specification in the ALTO working
   group.  This memo discusses deployment related issues of ALTO for
   peer-to-peer and CDNs, some preliminary security considerations, and
   also initial guidance for application designers using ALTO.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-alto-deployments-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-alto-deployments-02.txt