Subject: [alto] New ALTO web application

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:06:25 +0200

Folks,

I've put together a simple JavaScript application that displays
information retrieved from an ALTO server on a map. The default server
it connects to is a statically configured one; however, since it uses
only of a small set of basic protocol features, it should work smoothly
with other servers as well, as long as they set the HTTP
Access-Control-Allow-Origin header properly.

If you have a server implementation, I would be very interested in
testing interoperability. Also, there is certainly room for enhancement;
if you have any comments, ideas, or want to help extending it, I'll be
happy to hear from you.

The app is at http://alto.tilab.com/alto-xkcd/

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico

---

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:19:14 +0200

> The app is at http://alto.tilab.com/alto-xkcd/

Forgot to mention that it seems to work fine with recent versions of
Chrome, Safari and Firefox, but there are still some issues with IE.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico