Subject: [alto] New Draft on Incremental Updates: draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-00.txt

From: "SCHWAN, Nico" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:44:18 +0100

Colleagues,

I have just uploaded a draft that discusses several options on how
incremental updates of ALTO Network and/or Cost Maps can be provided. In
particular we discuss how an ALTO client and an ALTO server can
synchronize their map state without transmitting the whole map as well
as how partial updates can be encoded and sent to the client.

Please find the -00 version of the draft here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-00.tx
t

Any feedback is welcome!

Best regards,

Nico

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011 13:28
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : ALTO Incremental Updates
	Author(s)       : Nico Schwan
                          Bill Roome
	Filename        : draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-12-01

   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   bridge the gap between network and applications by provisioning
   network related information.  This allows applications to make
   informed decisions, for example when selecting a target host from a
   set of candidates.

   Therefore an ALTO server provides network and cost maps to its
   clients.  This draft discusses options on how to provide incremental
   updates for these maps, with the goal of reducing the amount of data
   needed for transmitting the maps.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-00.tx
t

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-00.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt