Subject: [alto] new individual document notification

From: "Songhaibin (A)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 03:17:13 +0000

Hi all,

We have submitted a new individual document.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-alto-i2rs-00

Which is aimed to focus on gathering infrastructure information for ALTO service. I think it could be called the south bound interface for ALTO. This document is also related to i2rs wg. Anybody who has the same interest to contribute is welcome to join us, we plan to give an update by next Monday.

Regards!
-Haibin

---

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:02:31 +0100

I believe this effort is very useful. The i2rs WG is in fact considering
the ALTO protocol as a candidate for some of the use cases they are
focusing on (see e.g.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-amante-i2rs-topology-use-cases-00#section-4.3).
The more information ALTO experts can provide to help them make an
informed decision, the better. I would encourage anyone who have been
involved in the development of the ALTO protocol to coordinate with
Haibin and Young, and help people outside the WG understand whether the
work done here could be a good match for their needs.

Enrico

On 2/19/13 4:17 AM, Songhaibin (A) wrote:
> Which is aimed to focus on gathering infrastructure information for ALTO
> service. I think it could be called the south bound interface for ALTO.
> This document is also related to i2rs wg. Anybody who has the same
> interest to contribute is welcome to join us, we plan to give an update
> by next Monday.
> 
>  
> 
> Regards!
> 
> -Haibin
> 
>  
>