Subject: [alto] New Draft "ALTO for LMAP"

From: Jan Seedorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:35:23 +0000

Dear all,

We have submitted a draft that outlines how ALTO could be used to export/exploit LMAP measurement results. Comments are very welcome.

	- Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; Jan Seedorf
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Enrico Marocco and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-seedorf-lmap-alto
Revision:	 00
Title:		 ALTO for LMAP
Creation date:	 2013-02-18
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seedorf-lmap-alto
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-00

Abstract:
   In the context of Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance
   (LMAP), measurment results are currently made available to the public
   either at the finest granularity level (e.g. as a list of results of
   all individual tests), or in a very high level human-readable format
   (e.g. as PDF reports).

   This document argues that there is a need for an intermediate way to
   provide access to large-scale network measurement results, flexible
   enough to enable querying of specific and possibly aggregated data.
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Protocol, defined
   with the goal to provide applications with network information, seems
   a good candidate to fulfill such a role.

The IETF Secretariat