Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-deployments-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:26:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Deployment Considerations
	Author(s)       : Martin Stiemerling
                          Sebastian Kiesel
                          Stefano Previdi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-deployments-06.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
   pieces of information or server processes, which are available in
   several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
   is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
   of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
   guidance to these applications, which have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates, that are able to provide a desired
   resource.  The protocol is under specification in the ALTO working
   group.  This memo discusses deployment related issues of ALTO for
   peer-to-peer and CDNs, some preliminary security considerations, and
   also initial guidance for application designers using ALTO.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-deployments

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-deployments-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-deployments-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:28:51 +0100

Hi all,

This update is just a maintenance update of the draft, as it did expire 
in the past.

However, the authors need some reviews to gather feedback about the 
draft, especially also in the light of the ALTO protocol draft using the 
deployment considerations as reference to some operational aspects.

   Martin

On 02/25/2013 10:26 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto
>

-- 
[email-masked]

NEC Laboratories Europe
NEC Europe Limited
Registered Office:
Athene, Odyssey Business Park, West End  Road, London, HA4 6QE, GB
Registered in England 2832014