Subject: Re: [alto] Alto draft 15 CostType object

From: Wendy Roome <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:11:32 -0400

A few more suggestions about documentation for the new CostType object.
They're pretty obvious, but it doesn¹t hurt to remind folks.

{9.6} Cost Type

> Change the last sentence of the last paragraph to read:
> 
> An ALTO client MAY present this string to a developer, as part of a discovery
> process. But otherwise an ALTO Client SHOULD NOT attempt to interpret this
> field.

{10.2.2.3} Accept Input Parameters for Filtered Cost Map Service

> Change the description of the cost-type field to something like this:
> 
> cost-type  The CostType (Section 9.6} for the returned costs. The cost-metric
> and cost-mode fields MUST match one of the supported Cost Types indicated in
> this resource¹s capabilities (Section 10.2.2.4). The ALTO Client SHOULD omit
> the description field, and if present, the ALTO Server MUST ignore the
> description field.
> 
{10.4.1.3} Accept Input Parameters for Endpoint Cost Service
> 
> Change the description of the cost-type field to something like this:
> 
> cost-type  The CostType (Section 9.6} for the returned costs. The cost-metric
> and cost-mode fields MUST match one of the supported Cost Types indicated in
> this resource¹s capabilities (Section 10.4.1.4). The ALTO Client SHOULD omit
> the description field, and if present, the ALTO Server MUST ignore the
> description field.

-  Wendy Roome