Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 03:09:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Server Discovery
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
                          Nico Schwan
                          Michael Scharf
                          Haibin Song
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-09.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-07-29

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers.

   This document specifies a procedure for resource consumer initiated
   ALTO server discovery, which can be used if the ALTO client is
   embedded in the resource consumer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/