Subject: [alto] Possible typo in draft 21 examples

From: Wendy Roome <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:27:40 -0500

Question: Is the "vtag" field in "meta" supposed to be just one tag? Or is
supposed to be an array?  I thought we'd said "vtag" defined the one and
only version tag for this resource, and hence it made no sense for a
resource to have more than one vtag. So "vtag" should be a simple
dictionary.

"dependent-vtags", on the other hand, is an array of vtags, even though
all current examples just have one element.

{11.1} is the only place that describes those fields. It definitely says
that "dependent-vtags" is an array. But it's not as explicit about "vtag".

In any case, the examples in {11.2.1.7} and {11.3.1.7} present "vtag" as
an array. Eg,

"meta" : {
    "vtag":
      [
        { "resource-id": "my-default-network-map", "tag": "1266506139" }
      ]
    },

Is that correct?? Or should "vtag" really be a simple dictionary, as in

"meta" : {
    "vtag":
        { "resource-id": "my-default-network-map", "tag": "1266506139" }
    },

???

	- Wendy Roome

---

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 23:30:58 -0500

Hi Wendy,

vtag is self-tag, and hence should a scalar. We will fix the typo in the
example right away.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

On Monday, December 2, 2013, Wendy Roome wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto
>

-- 
-- 
 =====================================
| Y. Richard Yang <[email-masked]>   |
| Professor of Computer Science       |
| http://www.cs.yale.edu/~yry/        |
 =====================================