Subject: [alto] fwd: I-D Action: draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-05.txt

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 19:42:42 +0100

Dear all,

in this new version we aligned the security considerations section 
with the one of draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-10.

furhtermore, we moved some detailed motivation for 3pdisc from the
deployment considerations document to an appendix of this document.

Thanks
Sebastian

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:29:10 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Third-Party ALTO Server Discovery (3pdisc)
        Authors         : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Kilian Krause
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-01-13

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers that can provide suitable guidance.

   This document specifies a procedure for third-party ALTO server
   discovery, which can be used if the ALTO client is not co-located
   with the actual resource consumer, but instead embedded in a third
   party such as a peer-to-peer tracker.

   Technically, the algorithm specified in this document takes one
   IP address and a U-NAPTR Service Parameter (i.e., "ALTO:http" or
   "ALTO:https") as parameters.  It performs several DNS lookups (for
   U-NAPTR and SOA resource records) and returns one or more URI(s) of
   information resources related to that IP address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kist-alto-3pdisc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----