Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-deployments-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:21:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Deployment Considerations
        Authors         : Martin Stiemerling
                          Sebastian Kiesel
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Michael Scharf
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-deployments-09.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Many Internet applications are used to access resources such as
   pieces of information or server processes that are available in
   several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
   is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
   of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
   guidance to applications that have to select one or several hosts
   from a set of candidates, which are able to provide a desired
   resource.  This memo discusses deployment related issues of ALTO.  It
   addresses different use cases of ALTO such as peer-to-peer file
   sharing and CDNs, security considerations, recommendations for
   network administrators, and also guidance for application designers
   using ALTO.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-deployments/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-deployments-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-deployments-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/