Subject: [alto] YANG Model for ALTO protocol

From: Xiao SHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 01:23:35 -0400

Hi all,

Several of us (Michael, Jon, Richard, Wendy) are working on producing a
YANG module specification for the ALTO base protocol (RFC 7285). Some of
our goals include:

(1) What a semantically equivalent YANG module of the ALTO protocol looks
like;

(2) What issues we may encounter;

(3) How we may generate running code based on either YANG or direct JSON
tools.

Our current YANG model can be found at
https://github.com/alto-ietf/ALTO/blob/master/alto-service.yang. It is
still a work-in-progress.

We would like to post the code early to get some feedback from you, and
will submit an internet-draft to document the YANG spec, our experiences
using YANG (and the related tools), and comparisons related to the goals
above.

Your comments will be much appreciated! Thank you so much!

Best,
Xiao