Subject: [alto] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shi-alto-yang-model-00.txt

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:32:10 -0400

Hi all,

In a setting of providing ALTO into ODL, we started to specify ALTO
services defined in RFC7285 using YANG. It turns to be a quite interesting
experience. Below is an draft specifying our approaches and first two
models. The third model, in the context of considering NETCONF/RESTCONF, is
slightly more complex and we will post in a next revision.

Any comments are appreciated!

Richard

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shi-alto-yang-model-00.txt
To: Michael Scharf <[email-masked]>, "Y. Richard Yang" <
[email-masked]>, Xiao Shi <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-shi-alto-yang-model-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Xiao Shi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-shi-alto-yang-model
Revision:       00
Title:          A YANG Data Model for Base ALTO Data and Services
Document date:  2014-10-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          66
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shi-alto-yang-model-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shi-alto-yang-model/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shi-alto-yang-model-00

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol [RFC7285]
   defines a set of network information services, including the network-
   map service, the cost-map service, the filtered map services, the
   endpoint property service, and the endpoint cost service.  A meta
   service, called the information resource directory (IRD) service,
   allows an ALTO server to provide ALTO clients with meta information
   (e.g., the access URI) about each resource and service it provides.
   [RFC7285] uses a RESTful design and encodes client request parameters
   and server responses using JSON.  One may consider that most of these
   services are based on data maintained at an ALTO server.  Hence, in
   this document, we explore how one may use the data modeling language
   YANG [RFC6020] to specify the services defined in [RFC7285].  We
   first define two YANG models for RPC specification and data instance
   description of of ALTO services.  We then discuss the "standard
   operations" defined in NETCONF/RESTCONF to evaluate potential
   integration.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Richard