Subject: [alto] IETF'93 interop

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 00:51:33 +0800

Hi,

A team of us are working on an interop during this IETF.

If you have an ALTO server and/or an ALTO client to participate in the
interop, could you please kindly let us know, by sending an email to me (
[email-masked]) or the WG chairs so that we can send you more detailed
info?

We know this is might be late. For those of you who are still deciding,
here is some very brief information on the interop:

1. Test cases:
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-roome-alto-interop-ietf93-00.txt

2. ALTO server: Since it is less convenient to  travel with a machine to
IETF, we recommend that each server participant provisions its server with
a public entry point (public IP). This may need preparation ahead of time.
An example is:
http://alto.alcatel-lucent.com:8000/directory

Note that the preceding does not prevent one from taking a laptop hosting a
server to the interop meeting.

3. ALTO client: This can be a simple laptop. Hence, there will not be a
need to do offline provisioning. A client participant may write a script to
issue tests and validate responses automatically. We have developed two
ALTO clients that can issue and validate the test cases.

If you need any more details in participating in or helping with the
interop, please do feel free to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

- Richard, Wendy, Robert, Hans, Jensen, Shu