Subject: [alto] on-line interop-93 testing

From: Wendy Roome <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 12:27:24 -0400

I now have two versions of my on-line interop test tool, for the -00 and
-01 versions of the test spec, respectively:

   http://www.wdroome.com/alto/interop-93-client-00.php
   http://www.wdroome.com/alto/interop-93-client-01.php

Right now

   http://www.wdroome.com/alto/interop-93-client.php

links to the -00 version. On Wednesday, Sept. 16, I will change that to
link to the -01 version.

Unless someone objects, on Wednesday I will also change our public test
server,
   http://alto.alcatel-lucent.com:8000/directory
to use the -01 version of the interop cost maps. (It is messy to provide
both versions of the server simultaneously, and I doubt that anyone really
needs that).

	- Wendy Roome

---

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 16:39:03 -0400

Wendy,

Thanks for the note to the WG!

To the WG, as we have more activities related with ALTO (e.g., open source
ALTO server@ODL, Lyle's ALTO server in Erlang, public ALTO interop
clients), we feel that it can help to have a common resource page. Hence,
we are in the process of developing a Web site called openalto.org:
http://www.openalto.org/

A draft of the Web site is already running, and please check it out. If you
can get involved and/or have any links that you want to link from the site,
we will greatly appreciate it and please do let us know. The Web master is
May Wang ([email-masked]).

Cheers,

Richard

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Wendy Roome <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wdroome.com_alto_interop-2D93-2Dclient-2D00.php&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=X2Wpuvn6QANEKoEERmV_cANoMtAlKk7nz6VoTiP2Gz0&s=0Pq8d1Izp8fN6ro7rZNI4iRIN8R0YYxFvOcbTvt2SHY&e=
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wdroome.com_alto_interop-2D93-2Dclient-2D01.php&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=X2Wpuvn6QANEKoEERmV_cANoMtAlKk7nz6VoTiP2Gz0&s=3HFM6mE51OcLG5kCRESVGcED-iveI4Bumow2kTeD0NQ&e=
>
> Right now
>
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wdroome.com_alto_interop-2D93-2Dclient.php&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=X2Wpuvn6QANEKoEERmV_cANoMtAlKk7nz6VoTiP2Gz0&s=sInQPyRuG0YcemvnxvE6uqwCPN7lJUjdacODxiQ4A6U&e=
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__alto.alcatel-2Dlucent.com-3A8000_directory&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=X2Wpuvn6QANEKoEERmV_cANoMtAlKk7nz6VoTiP2Gz0&s=Sw50vvI1nvt7K_95v-qC_kgbkg29oJ762qFJjESUESw&e=
> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_alto&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=X2Wpuvn6QANEKoEERmV_cANoMtAlKk7nz6VoTiP2Gz0&s=eoUjiKHmNGc5x8zxCZI5E22wNgj2UV2R9EYJ2HSvU8U&e=
>

---

From: ChenGuohai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 01:44:04 +0000

Hi Wendy,
 
I shall make my ALTO client(interop) updated to 01 version.
 
And I shall do interop test with your server.
BR
G.Robert Chen
 
> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 12:27:24 -0400
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [alto] on-line interop-93 testing
> 
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto

---

From: Hans Seidel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 09:19:50 +0200

Wendy,

thank you. You and your client helped a lot improving our server.
I just tested it again with your -01 client and no errors are reported.

For those who want to test their client, our server now uses the -01 draft.

     http://alto.benocs.berlin:8000/directory

Cheers
Hans

---

From: Chenguohai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:42:21 +0000

Hi Hans,

I am updatig my ALTO client from 00 to 01 and I shall test my client when I finish it.

BR
G.Robert  Chen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chen Guohai (Robert), 陈国海. Network Research Department, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. Telephone: 0086-25-56624606;   http://www.huawei.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the  information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: alto [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hans Seidel
>>>> Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:20 PM
>>>> To: Wendy Roome; IETF ALTO
>>>> Subject: Re: [alto] on-line interop-93 testing
>>>> 
>>>> Wendy,
>>>> 
>>>> > links to the -00 version. On Wednesday, Sept. 16, I will change that
>>>> > to link to the -01 version.
>>>> >
>>>> > Unless someone objects, on Wednesday I will also change our public
>>>> > test server,
>>>> > to use the -01 version of the interop cost maps. (It is messy to
>>>> > provide both versions of the server simultaneously, and I doubt that
>>>> > anyone really needs that).
>>>> >
>>>> > 	- Wendy Roome
>>>> >
>>>> >