Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:32:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Cost Calendar
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Richard Yang
                          Qin Wu
                          Lingli Deng
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-08.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2018-09-21

Abstract:
   This document is an extension to the base ALTO protocol [RFC7285].
   It extends the ALTO cost information service such that applications
   decide not only 'where' to connect, but also 'when'.  This is useful
   for applications that need to perform bulk data transfer and would
   like to schedule these transfers during an off-peak hour, for
   example.  This extension introduces ALTO Cost Calendars, with which
   an ALTO Server exposes ALTO cost values in JSON arrays where each
   value corresponds to a given time interval.  The time intervals as
   well as other Calendar attributes are specified in the Information
   Resources Directory and ALTO Server responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/