Subject: [alto] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 10:47:30 -0800

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for specifying this useful capability.

I did have one question - I didn't see anywhere in the document that

   An ALTO Cost calendar provided by the ALTO Server provides 2
   information items:

   o  an array of values for a given metric, where each value
      corresponds to a time interval, where the value array can
      sometimes be a cyclic pattern that repeats a certain number of
      times.

allowed a cyclic pattern to repeat indefinitely. Just for my background, that's
an intentional omission, right?