Subject: [alto] [ALTO CDNI] Discussion Points in this interim and Jensen will be the presenter

From: Shawn Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 23:43:25 +0800

Dear ALTOers,

For ALTO CDNI draft, there are two points that may need to be discussed in
this interim meeting.

   1. The motivation of filtering on capabilities/filtering on footprints
   may not be strong enough. Is it proper for us to send Email to CDNI WG and
   ask comments from them?
   2. The current structure of capabilities with footprints may not be
   suitable for map representation (no primary key). One potential solution
   is to merge entries with the same CDNI capability so that we can use the
   CDNI capability as the primary key. But it is not efficient in some cases.
   We will discuss it at the meeting.

Sorry, I do not have time to attend the meeting this time, so Jensen will
be the presenter for CDNI. @Jensen, thank you so much for your help!

Bests,

Shawn Lin

---

From: Jensen Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:19:34 -0500

Hi alto-cdni authors and WG,

According to the discussion during our interim meeting today, I just have
two comments:

1. It is not a good idea to introduce a new Map service for CDNI FCI. There
are two reasons:

  a) CDNI FCI is not a map but an information base.

  b) If we really want to use a Map service to provide the CDNI FCI, the
property map is already enough. If we want some features which the property
map cannot provide, I think a new Map service can neither provide them.

2. I hope some author can provide a concrete example or use case to show
the property map is not enough for CDNI FCI. If we really have the
motivation, I think a new service is required. But it should not be a Map
service.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Jensen

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 10:43 AM Shawn Lin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear ALTOers,
>
>
> For ALTO CDNI draft, there are two points that may need to be discussed
> in this interim meeting.
>
>
>
>    suitable for map representation (no primary key). One potential
>    solution is to merge entries with the same CDNI capability so that we can
>    use the CDNI capability as the primary key. But it is not efficient in some
>    cases. We will discuss it at the meeting.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto
>