Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:28:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Unified Properties for the ALTO Protocol
        Authors         : Wendy Roome
                          Shiwei Dawn Chen
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-05.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2018-12-10

Abstract:
   This document extends the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) Protocol [RFC7285] by generalizing the concept of "endpoint
   properties" to domains of other entities, and by presenting those
   properties as maps, similar to the network and cost maps in ALTO.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jensen Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:03:50 -0500

Hi ALTOers,

As the submission is very late, I am afraid people do not follow up the
latest revision. For those absent from the ALTO interim meeting today, let
me just highlight the overview of updates here:

1. Updated text and terms:
    a. Renamed the attribute names in "capabilities" (Sec 4.4, 4.5)
    b. Made the definition more convincing (Sec 2)
2. Changed the response semantics of Filtered Property Map to address the
address block filtering issue (Sec 4.6, 5.6, 6.3)
3. Changed the definition of "Property Name" and the specification of
"Uses" attribute of Property Map to address the dependency interpretation
issue (Sec 2.6, 4.5)
4. Added a new column "Mapping to ALTO Address Type" in ALTO Entity Domain
Registry to enforce the consistency (Sec 9.2)
5. Added content in the "Section 9.3 ALTO Entity Property Type Registry" as
a starting point (Sec 9.3)

The details are explained in the slides (including the backup slides):
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2018-alto-01/materials/slides-interim-2018-alto-01-sessa-alto-unified-properties.pdf

I think we need to discuss item 3 and 5 and make the final decision before
we request WGLC.

Best,
Jensen

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 10:28 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto
>