Subject: [alto] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 18:59:14 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for a very readable draft, especially given the that we are talking
about naptr stuff :-)

I agree with Alissa's comment.

§2, 4th paragraph: "The service parameter SHOULD always be set to "ALTO:https"."
That SHOULD is redundant to the similar requirement in §3.1. Since that section
describe the detailed procedures, I suggest leaving the normative keywords to
it, and using descriptive language here.