Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 03:01:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Cost Calendar
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Richard Yang
                          Qin Wu
                          Lingli Deng
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-11.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2019-02-27

Abstract:
   This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO cost information
   service such that applications decide not only 'where' to connect,
   but also 'when'.  This is useful for applications that need to
   perform bulk data transfer and would like to schedule these transfers
   during an off-peak hour, for example.  This extension introduces ALTO
   Cost Calendars, with which an ALTO Server exposes ALTO cost values in
   JSON arrays where each value corresponds to a given time interval.
   The time intervals as well as other Calendar attributes, are
   specified in the Information Resources Directory and ALTO Server
   responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:47:26 +0000

Hello ALTO WG,

Many thanks for the feedback and checks received from Jensen and Danny.
This new version addresses the WG feedback and also pending editorial nits.
I the JSON examples are all correct now. My bad, the newlines were counted in the content-length.

In section 3.3 "Example IRD", the error was actually in the example IRD where the value for "number-of-intervals" was 24 instead of 12.
The updated value is now 12, as it is in the example transaction of section 4.1.3, with the intention of exposing coarser grain information in the FCM than in the ECS. 

The diffs can be found at 
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-11.txt 

Thanks,
Sabine

-----Original Message-----
From: alto <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-11.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
alto mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto