Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:52:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Path Vector Cost Type
        Authors         : Kai Gao
                          Young Lee
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-05.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol [RFC7285]
   has defined cost maps and endpoint cost maps to provide basic network
   information.  However, they provide only scalar (numerical or
   ordinal) cost mode values, which are insufficient to satisfy the
   demands of solving more complex network optimization problems.  This
   document introduces an extension to the base ALTO protocol, namely
   the path-vector extension, which allows ALTO clients to query
   information such as the capacity region for a given set of flows
   (called co-flows).  A non-normative example called co-flow scheduling
   is presented to illustrate the limitations of existing ALTO endpoint
   cost maps.  After that, details of the extension are defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/