Subject: [alto] [[email-masked]: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05.txt]

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 11:47:11 +0200

Hello ALTO WG,

This new version of the XDOM DISC draft tries to address all issues
raised during IESG review.  The most significant change is that now

    All implementations of [xdom] MUST support DNSSEC or be able to use
    of such functionality provided by the underlying operating system.
    Network operators [...] SHOULD use DNSSEC [...].

This new MUST should not be too difficult to meet if you rely on the
operating system.

regards,
Sebastian

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 02:41:16 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05.txt
Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Cross-Domain Server Discovery
        Authors         : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2019-07-05

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers that can provide suitable guidance.

   In some deployment scenarios, in particular if the information about
   the network topology is partitioned and distributed over several ALTO
   servers, it may be needed to discover an ALTO server outside of the
   own network domain, in order to get appropriate guidance.  This
   document details applicable scenarios, itemizes requirements, and
   specifies a procedure for ALTO cross-domain server discovery.

   Technically, the procedure specified in this document takes one
   IP address or prefix and a U-NAPTR Service Parameter (typically,
   "ALTO:https") as parameters.  It performs DNS lookups (for NAPTR
   resource records in the in-addr.arpa. or ip6.arpa. tree) and returns
   one or more URI(s) of information resources related to that IP
   address or prefix.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-xdom-disc-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
alto mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto

----- End forwarded message -----