Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 07:31:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Path Vector
        Authors         : Kai Gao
                          Young Lee
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-08.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2019-07-22

Abstract:
   This document defines an ALTO extension that allows a resource to
   provide not only preferences of network paths but also correlations
   of network paths, including aggregations of network components and
   their properties on the paths between different PIDs or endpoints.
   The extended information can be used to improve the robustness and
   performance for applications in some new usage scenarios, such as
   high-speed data transfers and traffic optimization using in-network
   storage and computation.  This document introduces abstract network
   element (ANE) as an abstraction for aggregations of network
   components.  It extends the base protocol and the Unified Property
   extension to enable the capability of encoding such information in a
   "path vector", i.e., an array of ANEs that are traversed by traffic
   from a source to a destination.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/