Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 03:23:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Cost Calendar
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Richard Yang
                          Qin Wu
                          Lingli Deng
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-13.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2019-09-13

Abstract:
   This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO cost information
   service so that applications decide not only 'where' to connect, but
   also 'when'.  This is useful for applications that need to perform
   bulk data transfer and would like to schedule these transfers during
   an off-peak hour, for example.  This extension introduces ALTO Cost
   Calendar, with which an ALTO Server exposes ALTO cost values in JSON
   arrays where each value corresponds to a given time interval.  The
   time intervals as well as other Calendar attributes, are specified in
   the Information Resources Directory and ALTO Server responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 13:30:14 +0000

Dear ALTO WG,

Pursuant to the discussions at IETF 105, present version v13:
- addresses the 2nd WGLC comments of Jensen: replaced "with capital "C" by "capitalized words" in terminology section 2.1
- addresses the 2nd WGLC comments of Kai: typo harminization and spelling clarifications in sections 3.1, 4.2.4, 4.1 and 5
- addresses Vijay's request to see whether the SENSE key services can be supported by ALTO Calendars: section 2.2 ALTO Cost Calendar overview now includes a paragraph on the SENSE use case. 

Thank you Jensen, Kai and Vijay for your review and suggestions. 
Any feedback on these updates are welcome,
Thanks,
Sabine

-----Original Message-----
From: alto <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2019 12:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-13.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
alto mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto

---

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 08:40:02 -0500

Sabine: Thank you for getting this out.  I will go through it and am
planning to move it out of the WG middle of next week, pending no further
changes.

Cheers,

- vijay

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia -
FR/Paris-Saclay) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> - addresses the 2nd WGLC comments of Jensen: replaced "with capital "C" by
> "capitalized words" in terminology section 2.1
> - addresses the 2nd WGLC comments of Kai: typo harminization and spelling
> clarifications in sections 3.1, 4.2.4, 4.1 and 5
> - addresses Vijay's request to see whether the SENSE key services can be
> supported by ALTO Calendars: section 2.2 ALTO Cost Calendar overview now
> includes a paragraph on the SENSE use case.
>
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
> tools.ietf.org.
>