Subject: [alto] IETF 107 side meeting on network-application integration

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 18:12:36 -0500

Dear all,

Some of you attended the 106 side meeting, which was a quite productive
meeting. If you are looking for the slides, they can be found at:
http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/yry/research/TechReports/ietf106-ani/

As we plan for IETF 107, due to interests from many parties, we are
planning for a second meeting at IETF on the topic, and the goal of this
email is to seek broader engagement from the IETF community.

To make the meeting productive, we need speakers to kick start the
discussions:
- The recent steering-hyper-giants work in CoNext 2019 has generated huge
interests lately (CoNEXT 2019 Best paper award and IETF/IRTF Applied
Networking Research Prize 2020]), and Ingmar will be a speaker of the
meeting.
- A team from Shenzhen Univ, Tsinghua, China Telecom, China Mobile will
also speak on the topic.

If you have an interest in the topic and can attend, please do work with
us. From what we learned from the first meeting, we need to allocate enough
time for discussions, and hence we plan to limit the number of speakers.

As a related note, we also plan to propose a similar workshop at SIGCOMM
2020 in NYC in August 2020. The IETF one will focus more on protocols,
sytems and real deployment, while the SIGCOMM one focuses more on research.

- Richard Yang, Sabine Randriamasy, Borje Ohlman, Luis Miguel Contreras
Murillo, Kai Gao and Farni Boten

-- 
-- 
 =====================================
| Y. Richard Yang <[email-masked]>   |
| Professor of Computer Science       |
| http://www.cs.yale.edu/~yry/        |
 =====================================