Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:25:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Cost Calendar
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Richard Yang
                          Qin Wu
                          Lingli Deng
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-15.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2020-01-21

Abstract:
   This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO cost information
   service so that applications decide not only 'where' to connect, but
   also 'when'.  This is useful for applications that need to perform
   bulk data transfer and would like to schedule these transfers during
   an off-peak hour, for example.  This extension introduces ALTO Cost
   Calendar, with which an ALTO Server exposes ALTO cost values in JSON
   arrays where each value corresponds to a given time interval.  The
   time intervals as well as other Calendar attributes, are specified in
   the Information Resources Directory and ALTO Server responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:44:17 +0000

Dear Mirja, Vijay, Jan and ALTO WG

The version below addresses Mirja's feedback with updates as listed below.
Many thanks Mirja for your review. 
Sabine

-----------------------------------------------------------------
draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-15.txt updates
-----------------------------------------------------------------

----- Section 1:  para 2: 
1) reinserted previous text
"Providing network costs for only the current time thus may not be
   sufficient, in particular for applications that can schedule their
   traffic in a span of time, for example by deferring backups or other
   background traffic to off-peak hours."

2) Move added text referring to  [draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics] to a new section 2.1 "Some recent known uses" 
That is a subsection of Section 2: "Overview of ALTO Cost Calendars and terminology"  

- para 5: replaced "draft" by "document"

----- Section 2.2 of v14 "ALTO Cost Calendar overview" (non-normative): para 2 
1) Moved new text referring to the  [SENSE-sdn-e2e-net] to the new section 2.1 "Some recent known uses"
2) Put normative keywords "RECOMMENDED" and "SHOULD" in lower case. 

----- Section 4.1.2 (normative) - Last paragraph
Added above-mentioned sentence with normative keywords in upper case.   

----- Sections  4.1.2, 4.2.3, 4.2.4: JSON examples 
- expanded abbreviations to full value arrays,
- checked the Content-Length fields
- addressed the "too long line" issues 

-----Original Message-----
From: alto <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-15.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
alto mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto