Subject: [alto] RFC 8896 on Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Cost Calendar

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 12:16:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8896

        Title:      Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Cost 
                    Calendar 
        Author:     S. Randriamasy,
                    R. Yang,
                    Q. Wu,
                    L. Deng,
                    N. Schwan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8896

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8896

This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO cost information
service so that applications decide not only 'where' to connect but
also 'when'.  This is useful for applications that need to perform
bulk data transfer and would like to schedule these transfers during
an off-peak hour, for example.  This extension introduces the ALTO
Cost Calendar with which an ALTO Server exposes ALTO cost values in
JSON arrays where each value corresponds to a given time interval. 
The time intervals, as well as other Calendar attributes, are
specified in the Information Resources Directory and ALTO Server
responses.

This document is a product of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC