Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 16:00:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO extension: Entity Property Maps
        Authors         : Wendy Roome
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
                          Kai Gao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-16.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   This document extends the base Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) Protocol by generalizing the concept of "endpoint properties"
   as applied to endpoints as defined by IP addresses to endpoints
   defined by a wider set of objects.  Further, these properties are
   presented as maps, similar to the network and cost maps in the base
   ALTO protocol.  The protocol is extended in two major directions.
   First, from endpoints restricted to IP addresses to entities covering
   a wider and extensible set of objects; second, from properties on
   specific endpoints to entire entity property maps.  These extensions
   introduce additional features allowing entities and property values
   to be specific to a given information resource.  This is made
   possible by a generic and flexible design of entity and property
   types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 00:48:31 +0000

Dear all,

This version 16 addresses most of Vijay's review comments part 1 and 2. 
We will come back in a few days with details on how the comments have been addressed.
Thanks,
Sabine 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: alto <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
>Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 1:01 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-16.txt
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>alto mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto

---

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 14:17:52 -0600

Dear Sabine: Thank you.  I will look over the changes and move the draft
ahead.
I plan to do so next week.
- vijay

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 6:49 PM Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia -
FR/Paris-Saclay) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
> WG of the
> >IETF.
> >