Subject: [alto] ALTO Oct. 19 Weekly Meeting on G2 (Note a different time: 10:00 AM ET instead of 9 AM)

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:13:42 -0400

Dear ALTOers,

The weekly meeting tomorrow Oct. 19, 2021 is one hour later than the
traditional time. The goal of the meeting is to discuss collaboration
between ALTO and G2.

Time: Oct. 19 from 10-11 AM US ET
Format: Hybrid (G2 team + Richard) at Yale campus + Zoom (
https://yale.zoom.us/my/yryang)
Agenda:
- Brief introduction
- Dr. Kai Gao (ALTO -> G2; G2 -> ALTO)
- Open discussions

G2 related readings:
- On the bottleneck structure of congestion-controlled networks
<https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3366707>;
- Designing data center networks using bottleneck structures
<https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3452296.3472898>;
- Computing bottleneck structures at scale
<https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/9307175>;
- Quantitative theory of bottleneck structures for data networks
<https://www.reservoir.com/publication/quantitative-theory-bottleneck-structures-data-networks/>
; Online demo <https://www.reservoir.com/gradientgraph/try-it/>

ALTO related reading:
- ALTO base protocol: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7285
- Flow director:
https://people.csail.mit.edu/gsmaragd/publications/CoNEXT2019/
- ALTO path vector protocol:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector
- ALTO unified property:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-18
- ALTO theory foundation: https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/1402946.1402999
- Reactive bw prediction: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8486372