Subject: [alto] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 07:20:08 -0800

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Vijay Kurbanifor for the shepherd's write-up including the
section about the WG consensus.

Other special thanks to Donald Eastlake for the Internet directorate at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17-intdir-telechat-eastlake-2021-11-26/
I would appreciate it if you replied to Donald's comments.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

-- Section 3.6 --
Suggest to add "https/2.0" as delivery protocol to appear not too legacy ;-)

-- Sectin 3.7.2 --
Any reason why there is no IPv6 examples ? (Feel free to ignore my question)
The first IPv6/dual-stack examples only appears in section 6.3.3

-- Section 6.3.4 --
Possibly caused by my own lack of expertise in ALTO, but this section starts
with:
   In this example, the client is interested in updates for the
   properties "cdni-capabilities" and "pid" of two footprints
   "ipv4:192.0.2.0/24" and "countrycode:fr".
But in the example, I fail to see anything related to "countrycode:fr".