Subject: [alto] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-performance-metrics-20: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 16:17:16 -0800

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-alto-performance-metrics-20: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-performance-metrics/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[S3.4.2; comment]

* I would recommend specifying a maximum value as well.  It's not clear
  how values greater than the 8-bit TTL/HopLimit fields can carry should
  be interpreted.

  I would recommend max 254, as 255 tends to have special interpretation.