Subject: [alto] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-19: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 21:30:33 -0800

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-19: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[S1; question]

* I assume that all of this querying is inherently asymmetric?

  By that I mean that if an app wants to truly estimate bidirectional flow
  usage between "a" and "b" it needs to query for "a->b" and "b->a", in case
  there's some fundamental asymmetry in flow characteristics.

[S4.2.1; nit]

* s/QEB/QEP/g

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 11:41:13 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the comments and please see the replies inline.

Best,
Kai

> -----Original Messages-----
> From: "Erik Kline via Datatracker" <[email-masked]>
> Sent Time: 2021-12-02 13:30:33 (Thursday)
> To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: [alto] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-19: (with COMMENT)
> 

Yes, if the bidirectional flow usage is of interest, a client needs to query both directions.

> * s/QEB/QEP/g

Will do.

> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto