Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 05:27:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An ALTO Extension: Entity Property Maps
        Authors         : Wendy Roome
                          Sabine Randriamasy
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
                          Kai Gao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-22.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2022-01-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies an extension to the base Application-Layer
   Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol that generalizes the concept of
   "endpoint properties", which were so far tied to IP addresses, to
   entities defined by a wide set of objects.  Further, these properties
   are presented as maps, similar to the network and cost maps in the
   base ALTO protocol.  While supporting the endpoints and related
   endpoint property service defined in RFC7285, the ALTO protocol is
   extended in two major directions.  First, from endpoints restricted
   to IP addresses to entities covering a wider and extensible set of
   objects; second, from properties on specific endpoints to entire
   entity property maps.  These extensions introduce additional features
   allowing entities and property values to be specific to a given
   information resource.  This is made possible by a generic and
   flexible design of entity and property types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-22

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts