Subject: FW: [ANCP] Layer 2 Parameters in the Protocol document

From: "Wojciech Dec \(wdec\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:10:49 +0200

Hi Sanjay, draft-authors,
 
the list appears to have a number of outstanding questions like the one
below. Could you please look into addressing these?
 
Regards,
Woj.

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 28 August 2006 15:57
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: [ANCP] Layer 2 Parameters in the Protocol document

Hi, 

        I have a question regarding the "Access-Loop-Circuit-ID" as
defined in the document
"draft-wadhwa-gsmp-l2control-configuration-01.txt". 

        In the case of an Ethernet based local loop the format is
defined as: 

        "Access-Node-Identifier eth slot/port[:vlan-id]" meaning that
the vlan-id is optional. 

        In the case of an ATM based local loop the format is defined as:

        "Access-Node-Identifier atm slot/port:vpi.vci"  meaning that the
vpi.vci is mandatory. 

        I would like this changed to "Access-Node-Identifier atm
slot/port[:vpi.vci]" meaning that the vpi.vci is optional. 

        This would allow for multiple vpi/vci(s) on the same port as a
message could be sent  without the vpi.vci field. 

========================================================================
=== 

I have a similar question regarding the
"Access-Aggregation-Circuit-ID-ASCII" as defined in the document
"draft-wadhwa-gsmp-l2control-configuration-01.txt". 

        In the case of an Ethernet based local loop the format is
defined as: 

        "Access-Node-Identifier eth
slot/port[:inner-vlan-id][:outer-vlan-id]" meaning that the vlan-ids are
optional. 

        In the case of an ATM based local loop the format is defined as:

        "Access-Node-Identifier atm slot/port:vpi.vci"  meaning that the
vpi.vci is mandatory. 

        I would like this changed to "Access-Node-Identifier atm
slot/port[:vpi.vci]" meaning that the vpi.vci is optional. 

Thank you kindly. 

Best Regards, 
Menachem 

_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp