Subject: [ANCP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Security Threats and Security Requirements for the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP)
	Author(s)	: H. Moustafa, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-6-21
	
The Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) aims to communicate QoS-,
   service- and subscriber-related configurations and operations between
   a Network Access Server (NAS) and an Access Node (e.g., a Digital
   Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM)).  The main goal of this
   protocol is to configure and manage access equipments and allow them
   to report information to the NAS in order to enable and optimize
   configuration.

   This document investigates security threats that all ANCP nodes could
   encounter.  This document develops a threat model for ANCP security
   aiming to decide which security functions are required.  Based on
   this, security requirements regarding the Access Node Control
   Protocol are defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp