Subject: [ANCP] ANCP / Redundancy

From: "Haag, T" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:19:53 +0200

All,

Considering framework of ANCP an IP connection between AN and NAS is
required. Building high reliable Network architecture redundancy is an
issue.

Redundancy can be considered on different levels.

1.	Link redundancy
(belongs to link AN - NAS)
2.	Interface/port redundancy
(related to network elements AN and NAS)
3.	Network element related board redundancy         (related to NAS
and central unit of AN)
4.	Network Element Redundancy                           (related
mainly to NAS in case of 1+1 or/and load sharing)

>From my understanding "Link Redundancy" can be performed by IP Features
(e.g. BFD), "Interface/Port Redundancy can be solved by interface
related functions (e.g. LAC).

Handling of Network Element related board redundancy und network element
redundancy itself (different ANCP controllers) should be an issue for
investigation of ANCP.

Progressing ANCP work by defining ANCP for high reliable architectures
redundancy case 3 and 4 requirements need to be considered and discussed
during upcoming meeting.

Regards

Thomas

_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp