Subject: [ANCP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:00:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Security Threats and Security Requirements for the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP)
	Author(s)       : H. Moustafa, H. Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2007-10-09

The Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) aims to communicate QoS-
related, service-related and subscriber-related configurations and
operations between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an Access Node
(e.g., a Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM)).  The
main goal of this protocol is to allow the NAS to configure, manage
and control access equipments including the ability for the access
nodes to report information to the NAS.

The present document investigates security threats that all ANCP
nodes could encounter.  This document develops a threat model for
ANCP security aiming to decide which security functions are required.
Based on this, security requirements regarding the Access Node
Control Protocol are defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp