Subject: [ANCP] ANCP Design Team Status

From: "BOCCI Matthew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 00:47:26 +0200

A number of people have approached us asking to join the multicast
design team. We very much appreciate the additional interest in helping
with the DT's work in achieving its deliverables. However, design teams
are typically small, short-lived, groups. This one has existed for about
10 months, and has made a good start in producing
draft-ancp-mc-extensions-00.txt, generating some useful further input to
the framework draft in the process, and progressing
draft-maglione-ancp-mcast-01.txt. 

There was consensus at the last IETF to try move the agreed multicast
text into the ANCP protocol draft provided it does not delay the
protocol spec, and to progress further functionality in a separate
document, both of which really need to progress with WG consensus and
open communication regarding proposals and their rationale. We'd now
like to enable such progress by folding the design team back into the
WG.

We'd like to thank the members of the design team (Sanjay, Roberta,
Stefaan and Philippe) for their work over the past few months, and
express our encouragement in continuing the work in the open WG context.
We will be happy to facilitate this by continuing to arrange conference
calls open to all interested parties from the WG.

Matthew & Woj

_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp