Subject: [ANCP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ancp-framework-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework and Requirements for an Access Node Control Mechanism in Broadband Multi-Service Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Ooghe, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-framework-10.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2009-05-27

The purpose of this document is to define a framework for an Access
Node Control Mechanism between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an
Access Node (e.g. a Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer
(DSLAM)) in a multi-service reference architecture in order to
perform QoS-related, service-related and Subscriber-related
operations.  The Access Node Control Mechanism will ensure that the
transmission of the information does not need to go through distinct
element managers but rather using a direct device-device
communication.  This allows for performing access link related
operations within those network elements, while avoiding impact on
the existing OSS systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-framework-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.