Subject: [ANCP] Multicast extension codepoints

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:27:49 -0500

Can I tidy up the various codepoint assignments in the multicast extensions 
document, or have people started to implement it already?

One issue I've noticed is that the GSMPv3 registries we are updating use decimal 
codepoint assignments, while we've used hexadecimal in both the base protocol 
document and the multicast extensions document. We'll have to try to sort that out.

Tom Taylor
co-editor

---

From: "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:00:58 +0100

Hi Tom,

Do you mean the message type code-points?

Regards,
Woj.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Tom Taylor
> Sent: 10 February 2010 22:28
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [ANCP] Multicast extension codepoints
> 
> Can I tidy up the various codepoint assignments in the 
> multicast extensions document, or have people started to 
> implement it already?
> 
> One issue I've noticed is that the GSMPv3 registries we are 
> updating use decimal codepoint assignments, while we've used 
> hexadecimal in both the base protocol document and the 
> multicast extensions document. We'll have to try to sort that out.
> 
> Tom Taylor
> co-editor
> _______________________________________________
> ANCP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp
>

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:57:55 -0500

Here's a tabulation of everything we have now and what I propose.

Message Types
-------------

Message                             Current         Proposed

Multicast Replication Control         0x90            100
Multicast Admission Control           0x92            101
Bandwidth Reallocation Request        0x94            102
Bandwidth Transfer                    0x95            103
Delegated Bandwidth Query             0x96            104
Multicast Flow Query                  0x97            105

Command Directives
------------------

Directive                           Current (no change proposed)

Add                                              0x01
Delete                                           0x02
Delete all                                       0x03
Admission Control Reject                         0x04
Conditional Access Reject                        0x05
Admission Control and Conditional Access Reject  0x06

Failure Codes
-------------

Error Condition                     Current         Proposed

Command error                         0x100           100
Bad flow address                      0x101           101
Multicast flow does not exist         0x102           102
Invalid preferred bandwidth amount    0x103           103
Inconsistent views of delegated       0x104           104
  bandwidth amount
Bandwidth request conflict            0x105           105

TLVs
----
I'm assuming we continue with hexadecimal for this one.

TLV                                 Current         Proposed

Multicast-Service-Profile              0x13          0x20
Multicast-Service-Profile-Name         0x01          delete
  (sub-TLV)
List-Action (sub-TLV)                  0x02          0x21
Command-Number                        (none)         0x22
Bandwidth-Allocation                   0x15          0x23
White-List-CAC                        (none)         0x24
MRepCtl-CAC                           (none)         0x25
Bandwidth-Request                      0x16          0x26
Multicast-Service-Profile-Name (TLV)   0x18          0x27
Request-Source-IP (sub-TLV)            0x92          0x28
Request-Source-MAC (sub-TLV)           0x93          0x29
Multicast-Flow                         0x19          0x2A

Capabilities
------------

Capability                          Current (no change proposed)

NAS-initiated replication              0x05
Conditional access with                0x06
  white and black lists
Conditional access with grey lists     0x07
Bandwidth delegation                   0x08