Subject: [ANCP] Description of message structure in the base protocol document

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 23:15:42 -0400

Currently it is a bit tricky to put together a picture of ANCP message structure 
because the individual components are scattered through several sections with 
cross-references between them. It seems to me that the general description 
(Section 5) should say: here is the general structure. Then the presentation 
should be:

1. Figure 7 (TCP header + GSMP message)with its description

2. Figure 6 (Generic message format) and its description.

3. Mention that for specific message types there may be additional
    fixed fields at the beginning of the "message payload" identified
    in Figure 6.

4. Following these fixed fields some message types use the following generic
    building blocks:
    a. The extension block as a combination of Figures 10 and 12
       (since they always occur together).
    b. The TLV, Figure 16, which may be used with or without an extension
       block wrapper, depending on the message type. Note also that TLVs
       may be contained in other TLVs.

Everything that follows can then refer to section 5 as necessary, rather than 
current network of cross-references.

Tom Taylor