Subject: [ANCP] Mandatory transport over TLS?

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:13:33 -0500

This is to repeat a rather important part of an earlier message under 
its own heading.

RFC 5713 discusses threats, attacks, and security requirements for ANCP, 
but we haven't presented a security solution. Without this the document 
will never be accepted by the IESG. An obvious solution is to require 
transport over TLS. What do others say?

Tom Taylor

---

From: "Bocci, Matthew (Matthew)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:59:29 +0100

WG,

I'd like to see some more feedback on this proposal. There are several
'MUST' statements in the security requirements section of the threats
analysis draft that should be addressed somewhere. Note that these
requirements are on the protocol, not on every implementation or
deployment. 

Regards

Matthew

On 03/12/2010 21:13, "Tom Taylor" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>ANCP mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:01:31 -0500

I noted during my investigation of what I would have to document for TLS 
that the RFC 5713 requirement for mutual authentication more or less 
implies that the NAS has to be pre-configured with the identities of all 
of the ANs that it will be serving.

On 21/12/2010 4:59 AM, Bocci, Matthew (Matthew) wrote:
> On 03/12/2010 21:13, "Tom Taylor"<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>