Subject: [ANCP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 06:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol for Access Node Control Mechanism in Broadband Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Wadhwa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-13.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2011-01-04

This document describes the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP).
ANCP operates between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an Access
Node (e.g., a Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM)) in
a multi-service reference architecture in order to perform QoS-
related, service-related and subscriber-related operations.  Use
cases for ANCP are documented in RFC 5851.  As well as describing the
base ANCP protocol, this document specifies capabilities for Digital
Subscriber Line (DSL) topology discovery, line configuration, and
remote line connectivity testing.  The design of ANCP allows for
protocol extensions in other documents if they are needed to support
other use cases and other access technologies.

ANCP is based on GSMPv3 (RFC 3292), but with many modifications and
extensions, to the point that the two protocols are not
interoperable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.