Subject: [ANCP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ancp-pon-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:15:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Applicability of Access Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband Networks
    Author(s)     : N. Bitar, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-ancp-pon-01.txt
    Pages         : 35
    Date          : 2011-07-11
    
The purpose of this document is to provide applicability of the 
     Access Node Control Mechanism, as described in [ANCP-FRAMEWORK], 
     to PON based broadband access. The need for an Access Node Control 
     Mechanism between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an Access Node 
     Complex (a combination of Optical Line Termination (OLT) and 
     Optical Network Termination (ONT) elements) is described in a 
     multi-service reference architecture in order to perform QoS-
     related, service-related and Subscriber-related operations. The 
     Access Node Control Mechanism is also extended for interaction 
     between components of the Access Node Complex (OLT and ONT). The 
     Access Node Control mechanism will ensure that the transmission of 
     information between the NAS and Access Node Complex (ANX) and 
     between the OLT and ONT within an ANX does not need to go through 
     distinct element managers but rather uses a direct device-to-
     device communication and stays on net. This allows for performing 
     access link related operations within those network elements to 
     meet performance objectives. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-pon-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.