Subject: [ANCP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ancp-pon-04.txt> (Applicability of Access Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 12:57:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Access Node Control Protocol WG
(ancp) to consider the following document:
- 'Applicability of Access Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ancp-pon-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

     The purpose of this document is to provide applicability of the
     Access Node Control mechanism to PON-based broadband access. The
     need for an Access Node Control mechanism between a Network
     Access Server (NAS) and an Access Node Complex (a combination of
     Optical Line Termination (OLT) and Optical Network Termination
     (ONT) elements) is described in a multi-service reference
     architecture in order to perform QoS-related, service-related and
     Subscriber-related operations. The Access Node Control mechanism
     is also extended for interaction between components of the Access
     Node Complex (OLT and ONT). The Access Node Control mechanism
     will ensure that the transmission of information between the NAS
     and Access Node Complex (ANX) and between the OLT and ONT within
     an ANX does not need to go through distinct element managers but
     rather uses a direct device-to-device communication and stays on
     net. This allows for performing access link related operations
     within those network elements to meet performance objectives.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ancp-pon/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ancp-pon/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1734/

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 10:53:29 -0500

Note that this last call is a second last call, to gather comments on the publication of the document considering the IPR disclosures that were published late in the previous IETF last call.

- Ralph

On Feb 5, 2013, at 3:57 PM 2/5/13, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> ANCP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:10:44 -0500

On Feb 8, 2013, at 4:07 PM 2/8/13, "GTW" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ralph, for clarification ... is there more than the one IP disclosure at http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1734/  ?
> 
> 
> The term  "disclosures" lead me to believe there may be more than one

Good catch.  Typo on my part.  There is just the one disclosure.

- Ralph

> 
> George T. Willingmyre, P.E.
> President GTW Associates
> 
> -----Original Message----- From: Ralph Droms
> Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 10:53 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [ANCP] Last Call:  (Applicability ofAccess Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband Networks)to Informational RFC
>