Subject: [ANCP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ancp-pon-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:10:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Applicability of Access Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband Networks
	Author(s)       : Nabil Bitar
                          Sanjay Wadhwa
                          Deutsche Telekom
                          Huawei Technologies
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-pon-05.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2013-02-24

Abstract:
The purpose of this document is to provide applicability of the
Access Node Control mechanism to Passive Optical Network (PON)-based
broadband access. The need for an Access Node Control mechanism
between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an Access Node Complex (a
combination of Optical Line Termination (OLT) and Optical Network
Termination (ONT) elements) is described in a multi-service reference
architecture in order to perform QoS-related, service-related and
Subscriber-related operations. The Access Node Control mechanism is
also extended for interaction between components of the Access Node
Complex (OLT and ONT). The Access Node Control mechanism will ensure
that the transmission of information between the NAS and Access Node
Complex (ANX) and between the OLT and ONT within an ANX does not need
to go through distinct element managers but rather uses a direct
device-to-device communication and stays on net. This allows for
performing access link related operations within those network
elements to meet performance objectives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ancp-pon

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ancp-pon-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ancp-pon-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/