Subject: [ANCP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 07:08:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast Control Extensions for ANCP
        Authors         : Francois Le Faucheur
                          Roberta Maglione
                          Tom Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions-14.txt
	Pages           : 92
	Date            : 2014-01-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies the extensions to the Access Node Control
   Protocol required for support of the multicast use cases defined in
   the Access Node Control Protocol framework document and one
   additional use case described in this document.  These use cases are
   organized into the following ANCP capabilities:

   o  NAS-initiated multicast replication;

   o  conditional access with white and black lists;

   o  conditional access with grey lists;

   o  bandwidth delegation;

   o  committed bandwidth reporting.

   These capabilities may be combined according to the rules given in
   this specification.

   This document updates RFC 6320 by assigning capability type 3 to a
   capability specified in this document and by changing the starting
   point for IANA allocation of result codes determined by IETF
   Consensus from 0x100 to 0x64.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:39:36 -0500

This update is intended to close out the last point raised by Ted in his 
review: the privacy issues associated with the use of Request-Source-MAC 
or Request-Source-IP in the Multicast Admission Control message.

The following changes were made from version -13:

  -- remove the Subs-Session-Id TLV added in version -13 and restore the 
Request-Source-MAC and Request-Source-IP TLVs

  -- add a new TLV, Request-Source-Device-Id, which can contain a local 
device identifier derived from a mapping of the requesting device MAC or 
IP address, where the mapping is known to the AN and AAA but not the NAS

  -- add text in Sections 4.4.1 and 7 (Security Considerations) 
motivating the use of the Request-Source-Device-Id TLV.

Sections affected were 4.4, 4.4.1, 5.9 through 5.11 (new numbers), Table 
4 in 6.1.4, the last sentence of the first paragraph of 6.2.4.2, 7 
(Security Considerations), the TLV table in 8 (IANA Considerations), 
10.1 and 10.2 (References), and messages M1 and M3 in the examples.

Tom Taylor