Subject: [Anima-signaling] Another proposal for a GRASP protocol change

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:31:40 +1300

Hi,

I've reached the conclusion that overloading the Response message
by using it both for Discovery responses and Synchronization
responses was a mistake. It mixes things up for no reason.
Similarly, mixing unicast synch and flooding in the same
message type is a nuisance.

So, I suggest adding separate message types for Synchronization.
It's easy to do and will simplify the implementation.

message /= response-message ;unicast response to Discovery
response-message = [M_RESPONSE, session-id, initiator,
                   (+locator-option // divert-option)]

message /= synch-message ;unicast response to Synchronization request
synch-message = [M_SYNCH, session-id, objective]

message /= flood-message ;multicast Synchronization flooding
flood-message = [M_FLOOD, session-id, initiator, +objective]

Regards
   Brian